1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Las acacias (2011) - Argentina

This movie was screened at recent international movie festival. Received many awards and various nominations. My translation into Tamil, as 'Lorry driver Raj Kannu's trip'?

The story revolves around a truck, its driver, woman, her infant baby and their 2-days of travel. The driver was a lonely man, and rough/tough guy. The truck driver was forced to give a lift to the women by his boss. The driver didn't like the women and her baby at the beginning. A few words were exchanged between them during the journey. Most scenes, speak for itself.

The way the story was told, as if you are travelling in the track with them. Slow moving, story and eventually, you would like to know 'would this guy is going to drop her at her destination?'. When the distance get shorter, their relationship gets better.

At the end, make you feel for the driver, touchy. No wonder, it received many awards.

2. freddycat

Watched Urmni (Tamil tubed version).

It is definitely, Santosh Sivan’s masterpiece and it is a period drama. Prithvi's fans will like him in this movie and Ariya/prabbu Deva had done their characters very well. For some reason, Genelia doesn't fit into the 'lady warrior' role and I can't take her, seriously. But fits well into the present day 'loosu' role. Vidya Balan came, short time majestic role.

I enjoyed watching the film.

Kazhugu - Tamil

This movie came out without much expectation, as big budget or star value. Not bad, flows nicely. Unusual, profession of the hero and his 3-other friends, life is pictured. A typical villain and the consequence of standing up to him caused the turmoil.

A time passing, movie.

3. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Saw Kalakallappu @ Masala Cafe last weekend.....After a long time full length Sundar.C.....even kids enjoyed the movie......

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Freddy, don't mean to intrude but didn't you feel that Urumi was more about Santosh Sivan's excellence in cinematography than it was about acting & story? The fact that I didn't feel anything when Prabhu Deva and Prithvi dies at the end, kind of told me that there were lack of emotions in all the characters from the very first scene itself. Seriously, was Prithvi fighting for independence or was he just taking revenge upon the man who killed his father?

5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Last week I saw Kalakalappu movie. Simple comedy, may be watched one time for Santhanam and Vimal.

6. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

Watched "Magalir mattum" nth time and was :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

3 people like this.
  7. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Wish this movie is discussed in Movie Club . I just love the scene , When all 3 ladies rush to airport , Oorvasi would sit on the bike , though she doesnt know to ride :-D .

1 person likes this.
  8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha yeah the scene was fabulous! She was so angry at the biker for teasing them that she pushes him down and sits on the bike with such confidence, posing as if she's going to ride it!

Revathi: Bike Otha theriyumma? (you know how to ride a bike?)
    Oorvashi: (Still with the angry and determined expression on her face) Theriyathu! (No, I don't)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

And the scene where they would be telling Naseer about all the nicknames they kept for their colleagues. Oorvashi, still unable to control her laughter would say, "Hahaha aama sir, unga peyar kuda mookai (Even you have a nickname "Mr. Nose"):biglaugh

5 people like this.
  9. freddycat

For awhile, I thought, no one was reading this thread....finally, some reply. Good!!

Already indicated that, you will like this movie, if you were a Prithvi's fan.

I like to watch period films for its costumes and energy/time/money spent on creating the sceneries.

I also enjoyed watching the Selvaraghavan's - aayirathil oruvan. It was also criticized very badly.
    Similar to the the block buster movies, lord of the rings, there are fans for every period films.

10. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

I saw the movie "Kahani" today..different movie with a suspense element carried out till the end..Vidya Balan performance was too good..