1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Curry leaf seeds.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by seeder, May 22, 2012.

1. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

Hello everyone!
    I'm looking for curry leaf seeds n a similar thread on this site showed up. I have a curry leaf plant about 8 inches which is infested. I have no clue how that happened since I've been taking exceptionally good care of all my plants. I've tried all the stuff nothing seems to work. There's not much new growth on the plant n looks like its not gonna make it, hence I ordered a few expensive seeds and after much research I tried germinating them only to my disappointment. I swore to myself not to buy seeds which are viable. However I love growing from seeds so I don't want to buy a plant. Anyone having any extra seeds?? Please ...please let me know. I have seeds to trade...tomatoes, okra, govar/gavari, chowli, maple tree seeds (i have a couple growing already ). I live in chesterfield NJ. Thank you in advance.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Infested with what exactly? Did you try your local nursery to see if they have something to. It's the plant?
    Sorry, couldn't be of much help.

3. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

I dunno with what but looks like its not gonna make it. I don't think the nursery will be of much help. The reasons are, to begin with they don't know which plant it is bcoz I had asked them once wether they carry this plant n they had no clue what i was talking abt. Second, it being an edible plant I am not willing to try any chemical pesticide or fertilizer, it defeats the purpose. N last but not the least I have tried pretty much everything n now I am tired.
    Thanks for asking ...btw ...do you have a curry leaf plant ? How do you care for it?

4. kavisur

kavisur Silver IL'ite

Hi Seeder,
    I have a big curry leaf tree. I harldy put any fertilizers, i just water it once a day. I only feel it needs proper sunlight. I think indian climate is good for it.I have lot of curry leaf saplings (min. 10) in my house. I have seeds too but how to send it?

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  5. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

Hey kavisur, thanks for your reply ...I am amazed how you managed to have ten saplings? But like you said, I am sure the Indian climate does the magic. I could barely manage to get mine to have 3-5 leaflets through out the summer if I'm lucky. About sending them, I don't know if you can send plants from India ....but let me find out about seeds ( I'll be paying for the postage). I've heard people sending exotic plants from US to other countries as registered mail but I dunno about getting them. Are the seeds ready though? Coz these seeds are viable n I wouldn't want to waste them by the time they get here. I hate when plants die or seeds go waste. Last year I was in tears when my buds for the aaloo-wadi plant dried off by the time I came back from India. Well if that's the case then please...please let me know when will you have the next batch of seeds. Also let me know if you want any seeds from me ( I know it's a little stupid for me to ask considering you are in India you might have everything I have to offer, already.....hehehe.)
    Thanks again....awaiting reply!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

7. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

Thank you srama ...however the first link on the page you provided says item unavailable n the other link says the page is unavailable.
    I have tried seeds from a website they were expensive n did not work hence I decided not to buy them anymore from websites.
    But thank you for your reply.

8. smilyface

smilyface New IL'ite

I have seen some of the Hindu temples in New Jersey selling curry leaf plants during summer - esp the one in Bridgewater, Marlborough. Try there

9. kavisur

kavisur Silver IL'ite

Hi Seeder,
    I stay in a rented house now, it has got a big curry leaf tree. Lot of seeds are there and around 10 saplings are there. Saplings have to be carried with mud along with the roots. I see all my guests carrying the saplings in this way without much of damage. I will be staying in this house for the next one month after which i will shift. If u are coming to india let me know I can try sending it. I don't have much of idea of how u send overseas.
    Thanks a lot. As u rightly said I get almost all the seeds and saplings here. Will soon set up a garden in my new house too. Bye. Let me know if u need it.

10. seeder

seeder New IL'ite

Hey thanks a lot for your offer n congratulations on your new house. Wish you good luck for your new garden.