1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Storage of wash cloth, mops, broom etc

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by chandrakiran, May 9, 2012.

1. Aparna5

Aparna5 Senior IL'ite

Hi shanvey....

u didnt upload pics dear.... waiting for ur pics... we reallu would like to c those....

2. loveumom

loveumom New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

We have utility area attached to our kitchen. On one side, we have fixed a towel stand, where we keep washed clothes, washing powder, fabric conditioner, brushes etc. On the other side, we have fixed a hanger where we hang the mops, small brush n a collector. Below the kitchen sink, we have a storage area where we keep the liquids like Mr, Muscle, Cif n scrubs. Since I'm a new Ilite, I'm unable to post the attachments directly. I'll check posting the URL of one first.

Thanx
    Sangita

3. Aparna5

Aparna5 Senior IL'ite

Hi shanvey,
    plz send pics dear.....

4. loveumom

loveumom New IL'ite

Hi,

I have posted few pictures yesterday, i think its yet to be approved by the moderator. Here are few more pictures of the utility cupboard which we have in the bathroom which serves a great purpose.

Thanx
    Sangita[​IMG]

5. loveumom

loveumom New IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Just back from vacation , so the dust has made its mark in my place..for those who were requesting for pictures, i post not only the the broom idea, i also am enclosing my other storage ideas..somebody may get a ideas fro organising..

so here we go..

This idea is for those who have these small spaces, and have to effectively utilise them. I did not have much in my budget when i was doing this..if you do have a better budget, check out the corner shelves that you get from the nilkamal range..they could give you a closed and cleaner look for keeping things.. the same can be used in the bathrooms, utilities..

http://www.nilkamal.com/Furniture/Corner_cabinate.aspx

the mops, brooms, foot rugs, garden tools, hammer, the traditional knife (aruvaal), clips and other cleaning cloths are stored in the shelves here.the wash sponges, anti cockroach, anti insect powders go here..

Attached Files:

14 people like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I have two sinks in the kitchen and utility area. one is for the maid and the other is for the cooking and simple washing and the ro unit..

underneath the sink, we have not gone for the modern garbage sink or the simple trays that you get in ss steel for 2 reason..i get more space by just putting a simple wooden plank in between so i get 2 partitions and it is lesser mess and cleaning is easier..as even the best ss gets rusted when chemicals fall and most of the cleaning items are full of chemicals..

the botton part has my tool box that contains everything from a spanner, lkey to screwdrivers and i do most of my simple repairs myself or i am obsessed at trying to make things work myself according to my family..it also has those cockroach killing gels, sponges, resuable cleaning cloths..

the top one has most of the cleaner, floor cleaners,hand wash, glass cleaner and scrubbers, steel scrubbers..mostly i buy when i have these offers..and then the kitchen napkins....
    Picture 533.jpg

Picture 529.jpg

8 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Picture 550.jpg Picture 549.jpg Picture 548.jpg

Next comes my washing machine area.. it so happened that i got a small nook where i had ideas of placing my washing machine..so we the space above the washing machine to a storage area..

and has two partitions with 3 and 2 shelves each.. it holds my first aid kit, candles in case of power cuts (though inverter works, there are days when you have more than 8 hours) the perfume oils, the odonils and mosquito repellents..

the other side holds starch powder, washing powder, washing shampoo, and other wash related items..

and we needed a space to hold the stabilser..now the same place holds a air freshner and stabilser...

In the same way we all have a space in each of the bathroom under the sink that holds their person requirements along with the harpic and toilet cleaners and other things...

and we have a small loft on top of the sink that holds buckets (we live in chennai and water storage is a common thing), vaccuum cleaner...).

Sorry for the late post..and hope it is of use to those who wanted me to post pictures...

7 people like this.
  9. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy, All useful tips with photos..As usual, I have bookmarked..Waiting for the January

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome latha..i am happy if it helps somebody. with the shrinking spaces, and high costs, we are forced to make the space we have our beautiful, clean and cosy homes and any help in that regard is welcome right?

all the best to you.

1 person likes this.