1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need some clarification before marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DeepikaMP, May 20, 2012.

1. manguji

manguji Gold IL'ite

hi,deepika,
    A real friend is someone who tries to pick you up when you’ve fallen, and if they can’t pick you up, they lay down right beside you.your lover boy doesn't respect you.
    he could not proceed just because of family issue,how do you expect life time support from him.
    Never, ever fall for anyone you have to crawl for. If they don't encourage you to fly.say goodbye to lover.
    Trust is like an eraser; it gets smaller and smaller after every 'mistake.'so,start your wonderful relationship with your fiancee.

1 person likes this.
  2. SANL

SANL Silver IL'ite

Dear Deepika,

i agree with satchi... you should not think about your love friend now as he clearly indicated that he has no intentions for marriage.. be happy for your would be .. get to know him more so you could be happier..you can erase the memmories of you so called love friend..who dont intend to marry..

regards

Soumya

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    There is no confusion, it appears that your love is one- sided or your BF was doing time-pass.
    Try to forget him and thank God that you are getting married to someone who wants to marry you and not the other way round.
    You could have wasted your life for someone who was not serious about you. He could have confessed his love but you forced a discussion and he made silly excuses!
    Don't worry you will forget your crush , infatuation and have a happy married life. Move on.

2 people like this.
  4. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Without knowing your bf's side of problems it is difficult to take sides. Ask yourself these questions:

a) Are your bf's problems so big and genuine that he cannot marry you now at THIS time?
    b) Would you be willing to share the problems even if your love agrees to marry you?
    c) Is there a possibility of you both getting married in the future if you wait for him?
    d) Is it worth the drama (considering your age and family)?
    e) Can you live without your bf?

Think about what you have now on agenda:
    a) A guy that knows your side of story, was a complete stranger until you were introduced to him, and is still willing to marry you
    b) Is this guy really into you or whether going with the flow because you are engaged?
    c) Both of your families have agreed which is a plus.
    d) Can you give 100% of yourself for this marriage?

I hope this will help you make clear decision. Whatever you do, it is your life, and you are responsible for the decisions you make.

Last edited: May 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear op,

as already engagement happened, you better focus on getting married...as the bf is not showing interest to go for marriage...

only botheration for you is your interest on your bf...it may be because of those memories you have had with him...these are natural and with time these will fade if and only if you start loving your fiance...

there is clear red with bf as he is not interested to push for marriage...better ignore him from nowonwards...

best of luck...

6. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

Dear Deepika

More than a decade ago ,I had a very close friend ,just like my sister in the same situation.
    Your post brings back to my mind those awfully traumatic days when I saw her break.
    She had become kind of suicidal.
    Believe me your are just wasting your time for a looser.
    It will be hard to accept that now but you may realize it later on.
    Yes you are indeed serious about him but for him you may only be an infatuation,getting over which ,might already have started in his mind,while you are stuck knee deep /neck deep in his ?love.
    Get out girl ,jump out of this quagmire and take control of your life.Happiness awaits you.

1 person likes this.
  7. DeepikaMP

DeepikaMP Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

thanks a lot for all your concerns and advice :) I really feel very relieved now. and yes, I started to avoid him and decided to love my husband madly :) there is no point in holding on to a person who doesn't love me. I dont want to be a beggar of love :( so thanks to all those who gave me a hand to come out of this pit :) Initially it may take time for me. But I strongly believe that as time passes things will change :)

Thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooooot !!!!! :) :thumbsup

Last edited: May 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

When your ex- boy friend has told you he can't get married, don't you think he'z clear about not getting married to you. It hurts but you gotta move on. There's a saying " Whatever happenns happenns for good" Don't ruin things for yourself, frankly i don't think your Ex deserves you. Love is Blind! You say your fiance is a really nice guy, start a new life with him and leave the past behind.

Once again plz don't ruin things for someone who's not worth it.

Take care,
    Sowmya

9. neetaraj

neetaraj New IL'ite

marry the person who loves u not the person whom u love.u will feel satisfied with life.