Good outings for kids

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by maya_nair, Feb 2, 2008.

1. maya_nair

maya_nair New IL'ite

Hi all,

Do share your ideas on good outings for children..which you have personally visited and found good in and around Chennai. Preferably those which won't burn a hole in your pocket :) Some of the websites aren't that reliable..for example we saw about Prime Time, Annanagar and went around looking for it only to find that its been demolished last year! Please mention which ones you found good.

Thank you in advance!
    Best
    Maya

2. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Hai,

Even I faced the same problem with my 2 yr son. Being in a small living area, there is not much space for him to explore his small world. Last yr we found out a place where we could really spend a good time. Esp my son. 7 kilometeres from Anna nagar, nearer to Mogappair there is a family club called "Maharaja Royal Club" (refer website) During the week ends we used to go there. This place consists of a big outdoor open air theater , kids play area, swimming pool, good food etc. (economical compared to outside) This could be a better choice accord to me! Both for parents as well as kids. Try !

Orange.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

4. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Maya,

This is what going in the minds of every parents when it comes on saturday and sunday or in weekdays evening..............

But there are places in chennai, which many of us doesn't know. I will list out some places which i know.........check it out.......

1) Guindy Childrens park - cheap and best
    2) A new park opened opposite to Ashok pillar hot chips. (like this there are many parks opened in most of the areas in chennai)
    3) Vanilla Place - check their website Vanilla check with the below link also where v discussed about this place http://www.indusladies.com/forums/playgroups-and-daycares/17793-vanilla-place-in-chennai.html
    4) Abirami Mega mall - child area - but not much place inside to spend, costs Rs. 70 for children and Rs. 40 for adults (correct me if i am wrong) and that is only for 1 hour.
    5) Vandaloor Zoo
    6) Now u have our Trade Fair in Island grounds - cheap and best.
    7) Beach - cheap and best

i will cum up with some more.

5. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

In Mylapore next to Rex Fashions there is MGM fun world that also has Marrybrown joint. Try Funciti that is attched to the foodcourt in Citi Centre. In Beasent Nagar beach there is a go kart track which kids will love not to miss Planet Yummm.

6. maya_nair

maya_nair New IL'ite

Thank you so much everyone!! Now we have enough places to go for years I guess :) Yes I saw Vanilla Place link, I had thot its too costly but from what u say, Anitha it seems to be OK..And Shanthi..what a great list!! I had missed that thread.

What about the safety factor of going to some of the out-of-town places like Pulicat? Did you go in a large family group? Of these we have gone many times to Dakshin Chithra and Elliotts beach..also VGP.

Do keep posting any more which you personally liked & enjoyed,

Best regards,
    Maya