Shlokas

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Varloo, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Re: need slokas for relief from brain tumour

Dear Asha,
    There is no specific shloka for brain tumour as far as I know.
    Narayaneeyam, in general is good for "freeing one from diseases" There is no hard & fast rule. Chant it any suitable way.
    In general Dhanvanthri shlokam & Mrityunjaya mantra are very good to be chanted when somebody is sick. It is all given, already.
    Please search as follows:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa...e-you-ask.html
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. chittidallas

chittidallas New IL'ite

PLZ Help, to keep Peacefulness at Home....

Hi Friends,
    I thought to ask and take help from Indusladies about the problems that i am facing and difficult phase my husband going through....

my husband is the one who really not selfish in anything and we both are such a good human beings to help others and not to hurt anyone in the life. Atleast leave me, i am fine but my husband really very very good human being but going through very very typical difficult situation since from around 2 years. We both are finished 3rd anniversary.Whatever he do everything going against him in all the things he do. people from his family are torturing him mentally.
    He is very sensitive. taking everything to heart. for small minor things to major things his family blaming on him for everything. if anything good happened in the family, everybody say he did not do anything and he is not responsible for that. if anything bad happens in the family, everyone is blaming on him.....etc etc....

people who read this, i am not sure whether can they understand anything or not, i don't know. but he is really living day by day life. if one tension goes off in the family, before taking breathe in, there is one more tension ready sitting in front of him.....
    he is really very slow and patience person, but now becoming angry for small things and mentally becoming stress. and saying there is no solution in his life and feeling sad ......having no peacefulness at home not even a single day.....not even happy moments atleast....since from morning tensions till night...

i have been praying to all gods saibaba,durga devi, shivudu,satyanarayana swami etc etc....still i feel helpless....
    i am really thinking why is it happening to him. Is there any suggestions to make him better, any suggestions i would appreciate....

please friends, help me please.

- Chitti.

3. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Re: PLZ Help, to keep Peacefulness at Home....

Dear Chitti,

Since it is not clear from your post what are these tensions that come up from your in-laws every single day , it is hard to suggest specific ideas to you.

In general, the thing that would help immensely is for one person to keep their mind positive and maintain their cool to help the other person overcome the stress. In this case this person to keep their cool would have to be you. Since it is your in-laws that are causing these problems naturally your husband is going to take it to heart more than you would. So you take the initiative in actively helping him out.

Try to find out how you can take the lead in one or more of these areas - averting problems that are arising often, nipping them in the bud, diluting the serious impact of an issue, helping your husband see that he is sometimes doing all that is in his power and so he should not blame himself for it.

Be very positive towards your husband. Encourage him, tell him many times in a day how good he is by giving him examples of his goodness, instill the confidence in him that he has a good heart and tell him what a great contributor he is to the good of the family.

Don’t let him get into a self-destructive mode. Pull him out of this negativity by showing your undying faith in his abilities. Keep him happy. Give him the much-needed self-confidence he so much needs right now.

Good luck.
    SS

4. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Re: need slokas for relief from brain tumour

Hi

thank you chitra mam for your prompt reply. i will chant the other 2 mantras too along with narayaneeyam.

cheers
    asha

5. anurekha

anurekha New IL'ite

Namaskaram Chitra madam,

First of all Wishing you and your family a very Happy and a Prosperous New Year.

I am really in need of your help for my freind. My freind who is married for more than 8-10 yrs has no children. she is undergoing treatment in Bangalore for the same and says she is having a very difficult time both mentally and physically and is also painful. i want to help her. are there any shlokas that would help her? i also browsed thru the list of shlokas from the Shloka index but i was not sure which one to suggest. Pls help me in this.
    Thanking you once again for all that u r doing for the iltes.

Regards,
    Anurekha

6. Chitvish

Dear Anurekha,
    I have given 4 shlokas under the title For begetting children. Please see the index. You can ask her to chant all that.
    Pray God blesses her soon.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Ramya Ramanatha

Ramya Ramanatha New IL'ite

Vinayaga Agaval

Dear Beautiful Ladies,

I wanted to learn Vinayagar Aghaval. Can anyone share the text with me in English as i dont know to read Tamil. Also if u have any ifnormation from where to download the audio from net, it would be of great help. A friend of mine told me that its a very powerful slokam.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Ramya

8. Chitvish

Re: Vinayaga Agaval

Dear Ramya,
    It is not practical to write a tamil shloka in english font. A lot of mistakes are bound to happen.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sudha_joy

sudha_joy New IL'ite

Mrityunjaya Maha Mantra

Dear Indus Ladies

Kindly request you to let me know the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra.

The Shloka starts with

Shambho Mahadeva Shanbho Mahadeva ...... Mampahi mampahi mrityunjaya

Thanks and Regards

Sudha

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  10. anurekha

anurekha New IL'ite

Dear Chitra Madam,

Thanks so much. I have already given the shlokas to my friend.

Regards,
    Anurekha