1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please advice me... Really lost and confused

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by hopeforthebest, Mar 6, 2012.

1. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friend,
    You are confused because you are in an emotional state and unable to think clearly.
    Here are some pointers for you-
    1 You have to accept that DH does NOT want a donor sperm , adoption is fine.
    If you both go for adoption you have to forget the previous option. A man will go for surrogacy but not donor sperm, it was wrong of your DH to let you dream about it.
    2 Both have to come to India and do adoption paperwork, find out about the process.
    3 You are right when you say that the chances of a better spouse are remote. One cannot change spouses just because of a medical problem, that's what it is. It's not his fault , he is a nice person and you love him.
    4 Imagine yurself 5 years after the divorce, its not easy to remarry .You may get a good match but will you love the guy? Its very difficult , say impossible to leave a spouse you really love.There are so many women staying in abusive marriages because they love the guy.
    5 Life changes , parents get older , brother marries and has a family of his own. Things change, priorities change.
    6 What if a woman had a problem in concieving , would she like to be replaced by her DH? Would you support his decision?
    7 The second marriage may come with its own set of problems , how will you know about the next guy's reproductive ability ?
    8 If the rift is too wide between you two then its better to face the future alone without him with no regrets.
    You may find a dream match , have a baby or be alone / single by choice .
    If you want the biological experience of childbirth at all costs then walking out is the only way.

2 people like this.
  2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

HFB,

You are already handed a tough problem to solve.
    Do not let trivial factors like 'others 2cent oipinion about you'
    creep into that already complex equation.
    Decide one way or the other taking only your feelings for your H,
    and your future into consideration.
    I stress it again, "There is NO right or wrong in whichever way you sway".
    Have confidence in yourself and make a decision.

Hope your communication got better with your H by now..
    If yes, have a heart to heart talk with him.
    You need to find out if you both still love each other
    and that neither of you see your relationship as a
    'marriage of convenience'.

More than having to decide whether
    1) to adopt or not,
    2) to go for donor sperm or not,
    HFB, you need to decide whether
    'to stay together or not'.

Solve that variable first.

1 person likes this.
  3. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Its almost 1 month and 10 days now... Does anybody know whats the decision hopefor thebest has taken? If u are reading this post hopeforthebest, do respond...

4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    You are going through a tough time. Hugs to you.

Adoption is not about you. The focus is on "what is good for the child?" Only a happy couple can make happy parents.

10 people like this.
  5. hopeforthebest

hopeforthebest New IL'ite

Now we are not talking about any of the problems I mentioned above. It was very hard for me this past 3-4 months, couldn't explain the things I went through. Now I'm taking things one at a time. So many thoughts and very depressed. I don't think I can leave him and go. I'm trying to accept the fact that we are not going to have bio child and its killing me but I have to do that rite, thats reality.

Thanks so much for your support. I will update if anything on my side.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry, but I want you to read that line you wrote and how it is hard for you to accept when your husband tries to do the same towards his mother.

1 person likes this.
  7. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi hopefor the best,

Try to dopt atleast two kids.. I have personally seen my grand mothers sister having no child and suffering in old age.. This ladys husband is really a nice person but he always had medical problems.. She is all alone running to many hospitals and taking care of him..there is no one to look after them.. she has suffered her entire life.. donnot waste too much of precious time

8. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

I appreciate your patience with which u have written an insight about the whole matter. Not all would be able to do it.. U've set me thinking too... never thought of the dilemmas of the child.. I mean I always thought that the love given by the parents would actually never create any conflicts in the child's mind...

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

I felt uneasy to write that post in fear of hurting OP. But truth had to be told. I am glad that she took my post in good sense. I appreciate her for that. :thumbsup And definitely never expected the likes that post received.

3 people like this.
  10. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

During the initial years of my marriage, my MIL often told me that she got great proposals for her son and what a great blunder her son had done by going for love marriage. It seems the proposals were all from extremely rich families and tried her best in making me feel that I belonged to a poor middle class family. She said many such derogatory things even when I was pregnant. Let me tell you those were the worst things I have ever heard in my life. How was I supposed to react to it? People are mean and they try to hurt you where it hurts the most:( She stopped it after sometime because I didn't show any reaction but I will never forget her rude words. Therefore I know where you are coming from...

--Bubai