1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

got caught when bitching abt my husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lucky2, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

i don't know..there's something wrong with me...whenevr i start bitching on someone they tend to give surprise visit...this always happens with me!that's why stopped talking bad about others for a while but
    after so many months i did call my cousin and unintentionally spoke some non-sense about my husband saying 'he's not that clever..we ca'nt read his mind..he's impossible..'i didn't notice him entering the home..he just broke into the home like silent thief and heard all the **** spoken on phone..of course i didn't use any bad words..but still feeling bad and embrassed as he heard all that crap..i didn't like the way he behaved...
    we used to have great time together before but after visiting india there rised a great gap because of his nature and i'm feelling like i'm living with stranger now...not able to adjust with him..i can neither adjust with him nor go back to india as i have 1 yr old kid,,..he's not that bad to get seperated but i somehow feel like going away from him for a while...he's not letting me go my relative home...got stuck here

Using SMS/chat style of writing is against forum etiquettes.

2. papuu

papuu New IL'ite

I think you both should talk. You should share all that you feel with him.Open communication is the best thing to be done between a couple. You should not talk ill about your husband to anyone else. It should have hurt him badly since unfortunately he heard it. May be you can apologise and use it a thread to start a conversation about what you feel about the relationship.You can also plan some time outs.. Change of place brings peace. Plan some weekend outing forget about what you feel about him enjoy with your one yr old. You may rekindle the great times you had..! Nothing works try persuading him to allow you to stay with some relatives as you will have a change. Make him realise that you will never in future talk ill about him to your relatives as that may be a reason for him not to allow you to stay with rels.. Sometimes we imagine things. Stop thinking that your going away from rather think you are getting closer.. Do things that shows you care for him. Get small gifts and suprise him.. you may not know you may feel good about it and your life may change for good..!

3. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the suggestion....would surely love to do what you said..thanks again
    @mods..please delete this thread before my husband have a look at this

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  4. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

Dear lucky2,

You are not the first one, who has done this in front of DH. Take it easy.

I have done it many times, over the years.....First time, I felt like get caught my hands in the cookie jar and said, 'what are you looking at and don't I get any privacy to cry?' DH walked away, mumbling, 'today, my head that's rolling'.

I don't think, it is that serious as you imagine. Just, be extra nice to him rest of the week.

We behave like enemies for a week, after coming back from India (too much emotional baggage). Our relationship gets better (becomes normal), after few weeks.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Kindly read this.

However, we would like to make a few points absolutely clear..

2 people like this.
  6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

What-if he will soon he will talk crap about you to one of his cousins and you can overhear that. Lets see what your reaction will be when you overhear him talk crap about you to one of his family members. Maybe you should stop this utterly pathetic habit of talking ill (aka bitching) about him behind his back. How is that for starters?

1 person likes this.
  7. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i dont share our personal things to anyone...realized now.... because person whom u r telling is not going to help u in anyway , instead they will listen everything from you as if they are feeling sad for u, but back of u they will create bad opinion. In husband-wife relationship fights are not permanent. so control ur words when u r angry.

if u r afraid that ur husband may see ur above post, then why u r talking bad about him at the back.
    just think if he does this to you.
    nobody can be perfect and i am not saying you to adjust for everything but there will be decent solution for ur problem, go ahead and find out that.
    even if u want break up also , do it without any hassles.

i am not matured enough to advice in this matter as i am also newly married. but this what i believe in my relationship.

8. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

I'm pretty sure if she was the one who overheard the hubby bitching about her to his cousins - she would have been very upset and fought with him.

9. sinvid

sinvid Junior IL'ite

Dear Op,
    Something I learnt over the years is to never talk bad about my husband to anyone (even to my parents and siblings). How much ever I am frustrated with my husband, I still control to say anything bad about him to a third soul (other than we two). With this being said, now that the damage is already done, I think you can approach him and apologize for talking bad about him. It is very common for most of us living away from our home land to have emotional issues after returning back to our place of residence. So nothing unusual there and nothing to worry. From your post, you said, you wanted to go to your relative's house, but I did not understand what you meant by that?If you go to your relative's house, what will be your excuse as your husband will not accompany you? I thought after marraige it is a package deal especially in US, since there are no other family members around. Especially, in my circle, if I go alone anywhere, people ask me why my husband is not there. Just my thought going alone, might make you even more upset with all the questions they might ask you. All the best.

regards,
    Shanti.

2 people like this.
  10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Well u know ur mistake. Kiss and make up!

Remember the above is a temporary solution and no guarantee that it will work all the time.

In future stop bitching!!!! It's a bad habit and nothing to be proud of.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.