August 2012 mommies...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by westsideindian, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sihasini,
    Congrats on your pregnancy! :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!
    Take care!

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hey all, am doing fine. My best friend is visiting from Chicago and is here for a week with her 3 yr old...guess I am getting a little bit of training in having a little one around :)....so far so good...had a great weekend roaming around boston and going to the zoo. Let's all enjoy the "golden period" of pregnancy a.k.a second trimester as much as possible! Hope the rest of you are doing great and are in good health. Will catch up soon!

Carol

3. jj009

jj009 Junior IL'ite

Hi Aug mommies, howz it going? How was your weekend?

I had a good and busy weekend. Had some friends over and gobbled on unhealthy food as always ... lol. Since I am not keeping track of my weight, I wonder what my doc is going to say during my this week's appt. Walking has not been possible for me at all last week, weather was very crappy. It's looking better today and this week, so fingers crossed, I will accomplish something re: keeping fit department.

Ooh, that sounds like fun. I am sure you guys are up until late night and giggling at past fun stories. How I miss my close friends here. Wish all my friends from grad school were close by. CJ, Boston is one of my fav cities and especially now with spring coming, New England area is worth visiting. We were planning on visiting Vermont sometime in summer. Do you have any suggestions for site seeing and other fun stuff there?

JN, I know what you mean. They were here for a short while, eh? Why change in food, dear? Sorry to hear about upset stomach. It sucks to be sick during preg. Hope you feel better soon, hopefully tomorrow .... lol.

Brinda, good to know that everything is well for you and baby. Yes, take care of hemoglobin, I am sure the iron supplements will do the trick. Well, for food, I find it difficult to control it all the time. 1st tri was a big challenge and I kept control, but now I find myself not watching what I eat much. Hope everything is normal during my next checkup fingers crossed.

Pari, I got a few on the weekend, and they are so comfortable. Some, my sis sent over that she bought for me in the last few months. She knows my taste much better than me and knew which ones will be comfy. I am so in love with them ... lol

HB, Suhasini and other Aug mommies, how are you all doing?

4. suhasini22

suhasini22 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you vasumathy, yup iam enjpoying every bit of it,craving for lots of food:) thank you so much for your wishes.

Hi jaynav,hope you are feeling better now! take care dear.

5. suhasini22

suhasini22 Bronze IL'ite

Hi HB, how are you doing? yup Iam feeling the baby movements,this lil fellow is so busy kicking me all the time.
    yeah I can understand how it feels when the baby kicks and there is no one around to express our feeling. you take care and eat well dear.

6. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Brinda,
    Good that your sugar test went well. Low hemoglobin, take leafy veggies thrice a week & some dates too.
    Jaynav,
    Yeah I know when someone is there our routine changes especially with elders they force us to eat saying as they are good for baby or makes us to tempt for what they have brought. Hope you are back to your daily schedule.
    JJ, CJ
    So you both had Happy weekend/days. Also what I noticed is a woman who is unmarried or married with out kids will give us more comfort than we originally need like showing a comfortable position, bringing & serving everything to us while eating,...at that time I feel like a queen. Of course if they have kids & even they pamper us, our focus shifts towards their/our kids & playing with them.
    Parimala,
    MM is costly but sometimes they have good sale.
    Suhasini,
    I thought my baby kicks have intensified, but later the length of the active time decreased.
    Hi to all Aug mommies!
    Was busy with my work finally bit relieved now, worked last weekend too. The problems started from then on wards. Having pelvic pressure even after walking 5 min. (after having big meal), legs swelled, having trouble to breath in the night & feeling suffocated in the car although DH is fine.
    Called doctor for pelvic pain & they said they will order maternity belt for me. Now I am much careful to sleep on sides.
    Take care everyone!

7. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi HB,

Take care of your health.Reduce your work load and relax.spend some quality time at park with your hubby.

How are all the lovely august mommies doing?...

I hope the seventh month check-up has begun or about to start for all of you.I have mine next week.

Is the baby's movement noticeable from outside?....I mean if you just watch your tummy you can actually see the belly moves left right up down like mild dance movements.

8. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Jaynav,
    With the pain that I had the day before yesterday, DH was afraid to take me for a walk far from home, so from now on wards both will be walking around the apartment I guess which has some greenery too.
    I am also having appointment next week. Have my GD test on that day, crossing my fingers. Good luck with your appointment.
    Jay... soon the kicks will intensify & you will notice them moving more frequently up & down in a particular time. Mine is moving after lunch & more in the early morning. It's so exciting to share with everyone.
    I am walking on & off because of the weather & also cooking after work is killing the time. I am so lazy to cut the vegetables the day before. When do you all cook? If you cook in the morning when do you wake up?
    Take rest & Have a good weekend mommies!

9. aashalini

aashalini New IL'ite

Hey Friends,

Mine is due in the last week of August. Im too feeling lot of pelvic pressure specially around the vaginal area. Can't really help. Walking is must atleast half an hour daily as advised by doctor. My doctor has not yet told any breathing exercises. I am a working woman and take care of all chores at home also. So fitness during this time is of great importance, though im putting on weight. Wish things continue to be good. All the best to you all.

10. parimalapalani

parimalapalani Junior IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

i too have u/s sugar test yesterday.... sugar is normal but am having anemia it seems... so am worried... dr suggested me to take iron tablet... :(

Hope all are doing good... take care