Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. krishvish

krishvish New IL'ite

Hai Akila,

Iam also moving to chennai from Muscat for my son's 6th std admission, this coming academic year. Since you are going to stay in Anna Nagar why dont u prefer Chinmaya? Since iam also trying for my son in Chinmaya. Please share your views. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Sharu

2. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

M ct m school in alwarpet, st. johns international school in pazhanjur and crescent school in vandalur follow cambridge curriculum. sir sivaswamy kalalaya in mylapore, st. johns besant nagar & mandaveli, vani vidyalaya in virugambakkam offer french as second language. Shall update soon.

3. AkilaT

AkilaT Junior IL'ite

Hi Krishvish,
    There are couple of reasons for not shortlisting Chinmaya or for that matter DAV/ SBOA etc. They all seem to be very academic and right now I dont want that as it will make the transition even more harder for my daughter. For the initial yrs I want a school which has NRI kids so my kid can feel that there r other kids also like her and also communicate in English as she doesnt know to talk in tamil. Infrastructure, A/c and also lower student ratio are some of other things I'm concerned about. can u let me know ur reason to select Chinmaya.

4. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    We are planning to move to India July 2012. My kids will go to 8th grade & 5 th grade this coming school year. Both my kids can understand and speack Tamil(not as good as Indian kids but better than my friends kids here in U.S. My son is currently taking french as international language. I believe for CBSE school indian language is a must.. Pls. Clarify if I am wrong. I am so confused to see ICSE, IGSCE etc. Could somebody help me on this..

So far we have few sxhools in mind -Pon vidhyashram, BVM Global, Billabong and gateway(all 3). I am not sure where the first 2 schools would be ok with kids with out Indian language(my sons know a bit.. He can read a wor in Hindi or English slowly..) I would also like to hear about other international schools nearby Adyar/Indra nagar area Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Vidyaa

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. ana76

ana76 New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,
    Have u decided on which school it is for ur kids,please share ur decision

6. rajannimmi

rajannimmi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I have posted an request to know about schools in chennai near medavakkam(IGCSE curriculum).Since we are expats, we dont know about the schools and their quality.Reason for me to join indus ladies is to get information about schools and i thought IL will be an helping hand.But in vain,i had only one reply(thank you shanvy)....We often travel to India,but didn't think about to gather infos about school.All of a sudden we wanted to settle we scratch our head and hit on the wall to get info.....Kindly Friends help me and pour your valuable comments about the schools(Gateway,British International).This will be a eye opener for many of the friends like me.......

7. rajannimmi

rajannimmi New IL'ite

HI,friends..
    We parents keep on asking about schools bcoz,there will be improvement yearly in every school...as ex pats we don't get clear picture of that improvement.only through friends and like this forums we have great helping hands.i can understand keep on discussing about one topic makes people sick.but Kindly help us to get the info about schools.I am scratching my head to get info about getway omr....if your kids are your friends kids are doing there kindly give us the review......waiting for your replies.......

8. SujathaSridhar

SujathaSridhar New IL'ite

Hello
    I am a new user of this forum and also thinking about returning back and in a similar situation as yours. i am unable to send private message yet, but if you are interested, pls PM me and we can share our experiences. i am planning to move next year with a kid in 5th grade..

9. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

please help me to find out best school in Anna nagar area... we choosed 3 schools. they are 1.chinmaya vidyalaya 2.dav and 3.chennai public school.. I am so confused to see ICSE, IGSCE etc. Could somebody help me on this

what is d preceedure to get admission on these???

10. sameera88

sameera88 New IL'ite

typically ICSE is more on creativity and focuses on overall development of personality and soft skills.
    CBSE is more academic oriented ..
    i would never put my child especially until they are 10 years of age in a school where there are more than 25 in a class. what is required at that age is individual attention and focus on building confidence level, language and other skills.. these big schools are very good for older classes but i'm not sure if whether they have trained faculty. generally kids are dumped in a large class room atleast till 7 are 8 years you can look at places like in montessori schools.. the pure montessori method are suppose to be the best.. good luck