Dilemma about career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by spaceaura1, May 2, 2012.

1. spaceaura1

spaceaura1 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I have just joined it....and here to take your views on a dilemma i am facing.
    I am residing in India, and am of 30 years. I have done my BTech and am at a gud position in my profile. I am married for 2 years now. The issue is that I want to go for an MA either in India or abroad, a one year course. If i start preparing i will only be able to join by 2013, and finish by 2014. Than if i work for atleast an year, by 2015 I would be 33. In India people have ben scaring me that this is a very wrong time and age to become a mom so late. I love my husband and definitel want to expand my family, but am not able to understand if this is the right decision to wanting to do an MBA at this stage. Though this is something which i had always wanted to do in my life.

I could never get through teh colleges i wanted to, hence could nit pursue my dream earlier.

The otehr doubt which come to my mind is that, is life really very hectic after an MBA, will i really not be able to manage it with my family. If not mba than what can be a profession for me apart from my IT job.

Please suggest me your personal take on this.

I am asking this question on this forum of Ladies, for genuine replies and personal experiences.

2. prettydolly

prettydolly New IL'ite

Hi spaceaura1,

Its really good to hear that you are planning to achieve your dream of doing MBA. :thumbsup

Dont ever think that your age would be a matter to stop you from continuing your education. But the only thing you should keep in mind is mangaing your DH and little kid. (your family)

I have seen some of my friends doing their MBA after marriage and they have the support from their DH and in laws too. That is the guiding force for them. So, i wish you all the best for your career.

And I wish you get into a good MBA university.

Cheers,
    Dolly

3. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Hi spaceura1
    MBA is your dream and you should not give up on dreams unless you are convinced they don't matter.
    And having a baby might get tougher after 30 sometimes.
    Of course its not the end of the road. There are options for both if you have to choose.
    I personally did my MBA after marriage but it was weekend program and I was also working. I was already working on managerial position thanks to my experience after graduation. There are plenty of people on senior positions who haven't done MBA. You be the best at current position and climb upto the next. Formal degree doesn't even matter. Or you could do a part time course which will not require you to postpone family related decisions.
    If you want to do MBA, you can keep very good health and lifestyle, regular checkups which will help you to have a lesser chance of complications or roadblocks. It might reduce your chances but thats not writing on the wall.
    So you need to decide what is the priority and go ahead.
    All the best
    Vaidehi