1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grey Hair Problems & Solutions For Black Hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Pritirach, Mar 22, 2007.

1. umashankaran

umashankaran New IL'ite

Re: Grey hair

Hi everybody !!

I am uma !! i am new to this, i can give tips for grey hair..

The butter made from cow's milk has the property of preventing premature greying of hair. A small roll may be taken internally and a little quantity may be massaged into the hair roots twice a week.
    To reduce grey hair, my mum used to use cold tea as a final rinse after shampooing.

Massage of the scalp with almond oil is recommended.

try it and revert back,

regards,
    uma:2thumbsup:

2. Triza

Triza New IL'ite

Hi,

It's mentioned in your post that you are using curd regularly. i've a doubt. Are u applying it to your scalp & hair, because i've read some where that applying curd is very good to clean the scalp and hair and it will also prevent hair falling. Is it really works?

Triza.

3. umashankaran

umashankaran New IL'ite

Hi !!

Yes !! it has worked ! u can try.

regards,
    uma:2thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  4. shantiachanta

shantiachanta New IL'ite

Grey hair

Hi ladies, I am desparate for a solution for my grey hair. I had a few grey strands when I began to use wella/l'oreal hair colour 5 years ago. Now my hair is more than 50% grey. I wish to use a natural hair colour, a home remedy that is tried and tested. I don't want to use henna because it will result in different shades of red/brown.

5. umasreekanth

umasreekanth New IL'ite

hi my name is uma, i am a new member .i am 27 yrs old i'm troubled with grey hair. they are now growing in number, i really lost confidence. having inferiority complex.
    can anyone kindly suggest me some home remedies(natural way).
    please help me out.
    thanking u all
    uma

6. umasreekanth

umasreekanth New IL'ite

hi ILites,
    this is uma, iam really having problem with my grey hair even though i have long hair but i cannot make a hair stlye bcoz of my grey hair. i have more than 25 grey hair &they are prominent i feel low in confidence.please help me

thanking u in advance
    uma

7. shantiachanta

shantiachanta New IL'ite

Hi,
    A few months back I had posted a message asking for help to deal with grey hair. I am most impressed with the range of knowledge the ladies on the forum have and thankful for all the useful advice. After reading up a lot and with a bit of my own research, I started my program 'operation grey hair'.

I made a hair oil with the following ingredients
    500ml coconut oil (parachute for eg)
    2 cups crushed fresh henna leaves
    1 cup crushed fresh amla fruit
    1/2 cup crushed fresh hibiscus flowers
    2 tbsps Methi seeds
    1/4 cup castor oil
    I also add two spoons each of powdered herbs called 'vattivellu' and 'baavanchaalu' in telugu. I am sorry I don't know what they are called in english. These herbs give the hair oil a nice aroma and are very good for promoting hair growth. I bought these in visakhapatnam. I guess any ayurvedic shop will be stocking these in India.

Boil the coconut oil with all these ingredients for about 15 mins, cool, strain and bottle it. I use this oil at least thrice a week, usually leave overnight and wash off in the morning. My hair was frizzy earlier, now it has become soft and manageable.

Secondly, for the first few months I applied henna (in a beauty parlor) every 10 days. It looked a bit odd in the beginning with a stark difference in colour between the reddish hair in the front and black hair at the back. Gradually, the reddish colour became darker and started to blend in to look more natural. Henna might make your hair dry but with the oil treatment, you can deal with that. Now I apply henna twice a month. My hair is looking much better, I have less hair fall and less dandruff too (that was a lot when I was using wella hair colour).
    Hope my experience will help some more of you to tackle your grey hair problem.
    Cheers,:hatsoff
    shanti.

8. kavithai

kavithai New IL'ite

Hi Shanti, Really a nice and good post. Now a days everyone has premature grey hair. We can add 15 curry leaves. It makes hair black, it is my own experience. Thanks a lot.
    kavi.

1 person likes this.
  9. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

hi shanthi
    Thanks for ur valuable information. My husband has got grey. I was trying for a long time to get a complete solution for it. I am staying in US.Can I get these products in US?

Thanks
    keerthi

10. shantiachanta

shantiachanta New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,
    Thanks very much for the tip about curry leaves. I will remember to add curry leaves the next time I make hair oil.
    I had read in an earlier post that eating a few curry leaves early in the morning will also control hairfall and also produce the dark color pigment in the hair follicles. I started doing that a couple of months ago. I believe curry leaves have antiseptic properties, they help prevent infections. I used to have pimple outbreak ocassionally (usually before my periods). After I started chewing curry leaves my digestion has improved and my skin has regained the glow it had a few years ago. If you are game, chew a few curry leaves first thing in the morning (imagine you are a goat for a while :hatsoff and see the difference.
    Keerthi,
    I live in Singapore and I go to India at least twice every year and I get all the stuff from there. I am not sure about the US.
    Cheers,
    shanti.