1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Dusting!!

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sita_r, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Ladies,

Dust is such a pain. I wipe the tables, tv, showcase one day and within a day or two there is dust again. I wish there was a permanent solution for dust..or something such that i need to dust it out only once a week or so.

Let me know how do you handle dusting the home...this includes
    tv and tv shelf, showcase, tables, kitchen shelves, light fixtures, fans etc
    Thanks!

2. Siri1

Siri1 New IL'ite

Well however you do or how many times you do its never going away...make sure you have you windows sealed so dust doesnt come in. I use the swiffer duster and clean all my furniture ...it will not spread the dust once i dust it ...it will hold on to it ...and that will reduce your work. You can put shelf covers in the kitchen or cover your cabinets ...are your cabinets open? or do you live in place where there is lot of construction going on ? it should be so much dust which makes you clean every day?

3. ramabala

ramabala New IL'ite

Hi Sita,
    This is a problem which I face . No way . Dust is present everywhere. Even if we seal all the doors and windows while we are away for a few days when we return back we can see a layer of dust everywhere. Floating dust settles on all the things. Best way is to dust frequently and I use damp cloth for dusting items which are not wood or electrical items. That way the dust is wiped and does not disburse in the air.

Rama

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

How I wish we could avoid dust accumulation! It is such a task that one just cant avoid. As soon as we see any nook or corner or table dusty we will clean it at once.

I dont mind doing the dusting part, but since I am allergic to dust....I take a few precautions. I usually keep my mouth and nose covered with s surgical mask to avoid dust going in.

It is better to do the dusting early morning so that everything is clean and dustfree for the remaining part of the day. I have a feather duster for TV screens, laptop tops and glass cabinets. For the sofas, chairs showcase/cupboard tops etc, which need dusting, I make the duster myself by attaching a sturdy cloth on a stick with a string. This helps me to dust the areas without me going too close to dust.

Lookking forward to more dusting ideas through this thread.