advice on friendship...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rajjo, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Hi all,
    Wondering if there are any posts to understand people's psychology.... I'm searching this becoz one person is trying to ruin the friendship between me and my friend, who actually happens to be the friend of my friend... i'm just wondering if she doesn't like the friendship between me and my friend... i'm feeling really sad because i really adore my friend and offlate she is giving me a cold shoulder for no reason... and is really close with the other friend i was talking... am i being jealous here or is the other friend planning on something... need some advice on what should i do.. should i also give a cold shoulder to my friend, coz i tried speaking to her if there was anything wrong which i did for her to behave like this but she said nothing as such , guess she did not want to discuss...

2. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

It would be more helpful if some more details are given i.e. how long is the friendship , what happened etc

3. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

I know my friend since 9 years and i moved into the same apartment recently in which she is living and so she introduced me to her friends there, Initially I was casual with all her friends and but this one friend who she is really close to would talk to me whenever she liked to, like one day she would be really inviting the next day would behave as if she doesn't know me, i did not bother much.., but she would always stare at me whenever me and my friend would have a laugh... i used to always mention it to my friend, but she would tell that her friend is not like that coz she herself has askd my friend to make me feel comfortable... i did not want to be a kabab mein haddi between her friends, so would wantedly avoid going and meeting my friend when she is with her friends... i don't know if my friend has mistaken me thinking otherwise.....

4. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Thank you for clarifying. It is obvious the other girl is feeling jealous, when you get time talk to your friend and tell her the real reason, also be clear that you are giving them some space so that she can enjoy the companionship of the other friend . I am sure your friend will understand and appreciate your thoughtfulness. Good luck!

5. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Thank you Aaral for u'standing me, but i have already spoken abt this to my friend, but she is fine and my old friend whenever she is with me but then whenever she spends time with the other friend then she again starts to give me a cold shoulder, so that really hurts me, just cursing myself for moving into this apartment.... i don't know why is she filling up my friends ears...

6. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Looks like the other friend is very possessive about her friendship. the best you can do is ignore your friend's "attitude" and continue as before or make new friends and hang out with them, or if it is toooooooo stressful may be it is better to move out. Every minute of life is precious why waste it being miserable?

1 person likes this.
  7. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Thank you so much... it was really helpful and felt nice sharing my feelings....i'm not planning to giveup on my friend coz i really like her a lot as she is a good soul.. but can't u'stand what do people achieve behaving like this, will she get peace of mind???