1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

moving information

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by aditivmehta, Apr 17, 2012.

1. aditivmehta

aditivmehta New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

We are moving to Toronto in mid summer from Milan in most probably Downtown area. I have two children both boys one is 3 and a half and the other is 4 months. Since many of you would be moms i would appreciate if you could answer a few questions i have since i feel you would understand my concerns about moving to a new place with children.

1. Do you know any good pediatricians in this area?
    2. Could you recommend any good schools for my 3 and a half yr old?
    3. Since i am not to aware of the area is your group meetings conducted close by to downtown area since i would be interested to join a moms group in Toronto.

Regards,

Aditi

2. sreemu

sreemu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aditi,
    welcome to toronto There r lot of indians living in downtown toronto
    Regarding school for 3yr old kids start school around 6 in think here so ur daughter has to probably go to montessori school or day care depending on ur budget.
    https://www.google.ca/#hl=en&sclien....,cf.osb&fp=c67dd77aedaaad89&biw=1280&bih=599
    above link may help u with montessori schools
    but there is govt drop in program centres like early years where the parent and child can attend where some programs r registered and some r free and u get to meet other mom also at these centres

I have no idea abt pediatricians in that area
    Pediatricians Toronto
    the above link can help u to decide

immigrantparentsincanada : Immigrant Parents in Canada

CanadianDesan : Place for Ladies!

the above two groups r really helpful when u new to canada and u can make some wonderful friends
    HTH
    sree