1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Interior designing tips and advices

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by tkswetha, Mar 29, 2012.

1. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your wonderful feedback,:) :bowdown.I will surely address all your queries in my coming posts.

Today, we will look at wall units.I would completly suggest you to try these with help of a renowed carpenter than buying in cosy furniture showrooms.

now a days, wall units have become popular so that it is found in every own house of urban people, let us look the basic concepts we have to look before buying or attaching a wall unit.

1.Be sure about the space occupied by the wall unit before you fix it to the wall, there may be cosy wall units available but if the wall in our house doesn't fit it then, it is of no use so note the dimensions of the unit carefully.There should be space leaved on the either side of the wall unit so that it should be fitted in the center of the wall.

2.Usually, people prefer to wall units to hide the wires which are used to connect to home theatre and TV mount.so be careful in picking up a wall unit so that wires are hidden from the view or else it would be ugly to have wires viewed on the aesthitic wall units.

3.Wall units come with storage space also now a days, usually people load books in the storage space of the wall but i prefer since it is the centre of attraction in a living room if the storage space provided in your wall unit have no cupboards then arrange decorative items in your wall unit than books.

4.For the wall unit which have cupboards, you can play with the color of doors which matches your living room interior.Now a days we are getting wall units, which are affixed with bulbs on the back side which give a extra attaction.You can also set up designer mirrors for the wall unit doors.

5.If you want to try something different with your wall unit, then try a wall mount aquarium beside the sofa and have simple wall unit with out storage then you will get the beauty double the times of cozy wall unit.

With this , we will conclude Living and proceed with Pooja room in the next posts.

Have a look at the wall mounts attached.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Rajjo

Rajjo Junior IL'ite

Thank you Swetha, will be looking forward for more tips from you.... :thumbsup

3. veenakumar

veenakumar New IL'ite

Hi Swetha,
    Read your posts. Very interesting. Just curious...are the above pictures designed by you. Looking forward for your next post on pooja rooms.

Veena

4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Very nice tips and fotos
    def we will try it out.....

5. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Good to see all your responses to my previous posts.

Let us discuss on Pooja room today.

1.Pooja Room is the place, where everyone wishes to find peace and so it should be constructed aesthically than going for a modern.So, it would be nice if we pick light colors like white ,light yellow for the walls.

2.Yes, eventhough we design a pooja room very simple, we can put our touch of designing in it by choosing wall tiles for the pooja room.

3.Pooja Room door should always be two sides and even if you put curtain , they should be pulled from both sides.Hence, you will get Pooja room doors made of wood or glass as per your taste.

4.Now a days, we don't find place too much to design a pooja room and hence every one are opting for a Wooden pooja mandir but i say, if you just elevate some of the space in the corner of hall and design a marble mandir then it will entirely change the look of the house.Even you get marble with different colors now a days.

5.You can opt for a traditional cieling in the pooja room which will also bring elagant look to your home.

Try out these pics for more details.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  6. kijo

kijo New IL'ite

very nice pics..i liked the first one of all..

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Nice and useful tips shwetha.

Pooja room- I liked the first one.

8. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

Can I give you my flat's floor plan which is under construction.. Can you help me with your ideas :)

9. tkswetha

tkswetha Silver IL'ite

Yep, sure.My pleasure to design for you if you are ready to implement my ideas

10. gopituty

gopituty Silver IL'ite

I am ready to implement it :) If it suits my budget and NEEDS..

I have attached the electrical drawing of my flat for your reference..

Hall 14*10
    Dining 12*10
    1 Bed 14*10
    2nd Bed 13*10
    Toilet 7*5
    Toilet 7*5
    Kitchen 10*7
    Utility 4*7
    Balcony 10*3.8

North Entrance..

Attached Files: