1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 Wife - Things to do?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by shakila, Jun 8, 2005.

1. shanthisree

shanthisree Senior IL'ite

Hi PanMan,
    I live near cumberland blue line station pavilion apartments. I am doing Masters in computer science at IIT chicago. As I said in my previous post I took courses from oakton during my summer break in 2011. As I am from computer science background I concentrated more on programming courses as I can keep these in my resume. There are other courses as well. If you stay close then you can take class-room courses. I took online courses. What is your background?What type of courses you are looking for?Here you can fing online course catalog:
    Alliance for Lifelong Learning: Search Results.

2. deepavelu

deepavelu New IL'ite

hi ILs

iam in h4 looking for volunteer jobs in san diego dont no where to start , i dont no driving depending my husband for everything, it sucks. i tried nearby library but no response i have to walk nearly 1 hour to reach library . i could feel every second iam wasting time, i really forgot wat potential i have... .

3. Venimurthy

Venimurthy New IL'ite

Hi

I guess you might have finished your MS by now.. I live in Lake county.. I got to know oakton community college will help us get f1, my question is can i get opt/cpt from them ..please share info you know

4. topnut

topnut New IL'ite

Re: Getting in shape?

Hi Akalya,
    Nice reading your blog but I have question , you had mentioned in your blog that now you have a job right??
    How did you manage to find a job inspite of holding an H4 visa?

May I get some tips for the procedures , I too will follow that method.

Thank you

5. topnut

topnut New IL'ite

Hi Akalya,
    Nice reading your blog regarding your activities for getting back in shape.

But onw question. you said that you now have a job right?
    How did you manage to get a jib inspite to being on an H4 visa?

May I pls request u to share this info pls then I will also follow the same procedure.

Thank u

6. topnut

topnut New IL'ite

Re: In the same boat too...but not for long

Hi Shal,
    Nice reading your blog.

But one contradiction, u said that getting into an MS program will help , but dont you think that in this downswing market it might not be very easy to find a job even after u complete ur MS and be on ur CPT, OPT period??

Besides,doing an MS does not always ensure scholarship for all types to courses rt??

It means u will have to shell out money in order to join the courses and so in lieu of 10K to 20K u might land up with a job .

I am not trying to discourage u but just discussing the pros and cons about the country and its economic situation.

Thanks and do share ur comments

7. sbis

sbis New IL'ite

Hi, I am actually a journalist working with a national daily in India. I am looking to do a story on H4 Visa women in the US. Would a couple of active members of this forum be willing to interact with me. I am quite fascinated by the posts in the forum and hope to speak to a few of you. How can we take this forward?

8. sanrags

sanrags Bronze IL'ite

@sbis, Please do let us know, what do you want to know?

9. noboundary

noboundary New IL'ite

I suppose she read between the fine lines and the ones that read between them make it happen. There are always things to do and capitatize on opportunities that are not visible easily to the common eye. I have opportunities in Dublin/San Ramon/Pleasanton/Danville CA area. Send a private message if you want to hear about it. Can't say anything more due to site rules.

noboundary

10. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

Hi ilites,
    i hav a question.how much does one charge for baby sitting for 1 hr.how much do they charge as live out nanny from 9am-6pm only taking care of the baby?if we need help with other household chores how much extra??

If one needs help with cutting veggies,cooking 2 items,doing dishes,cleaning kitchen how much does one charge??

My friend needs the info.she wants to hire somebody.she used to give $8 to a lady for just cutting veggies..but that lady left.

So if anybody has any idea please tell me..