Welcome to Punjab-I

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Navpreet, Dec 15, 2007.

1. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

am visiting amritsar, chandigah and simla next month.could someone tell me the climate now , the temples there and places to shop and what is best to buy there. thanks.:idea

2. jayanthikrishnan

could i know whats the weather now in amritsar, chandigah and simla? also the famous temples. shopping places and whats best to buy? where is the best sarees ? am visiting in feb--jayanthi

3. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

It's really cold overhere.Specially in Amritsar,temperature is minus 0.3 degree.For shopping place in Amritsar see my post in Welcome to Punjab-Amritsar.As per Chandigarh(city Beautiful) you can see Rock Garden,Rose Garden,Sukhna Lake,Shopping in sec-17 (you can do alot of window shopping if you don't want to spend).You can hire a taxi service in city and they can guide you.Don't forget to carry some wollen clothes if you are travelling with kids.Shimla(i am not sure) is having snowfalls.As whole North India is under grip of severe cold.Have a nice and safe journey.

4. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi navpreet,nice thread and very nice pictures ,looking forward to know more.can you tell me what kind of kameez salwar are ladies in punjab wearing this year?bye humera.

5. jayanthikrishnan

Thank You So Much For The Promt Reply,i Will Definately Take My Woollens As I Cant Stand Cold Navpreet. Am Sure I Will Enjoy The Trip.--jayanthi

6. Misha_K

Misha_K New IL'ite

Hi Navpreet

This was a wonderful experience. I almost felt the fresh air from the fields of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Punjab</st1:place>. The holy atmosphere in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Amritsar</st1:City></st1:place>, the chamak dhamak of the night life. I wish to visit this beautiful place someday definitely. I am counting on your tips when I do come down .
    Thanks for taking me through this journey. Ghar baithe baithe bhagwan ji ke darshan ho gaye.