August 2012 mommies...

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by westsideindian, Dec 7, 2011.

1. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Parimala,
    Baby will start accumulating fat only in third trimester. Your appetite will increase by then I think. You don't have to worry about your weight at this point. Your weight gain is good for you unlike me where I have to loose weight after delivering baby. As long as you are taking enough nutrients you are good. Eat well and take good rest. If you are still worried about your weight, increase your whole wheat content intake like bread-jam/omelet, pizza(calcium), avocado.
    Oh you too have back pain, take care. Use some support while you sit. I am feeling better now but getting difficult to do household chores.

2. sandiya

sandiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Jaynav,

How r ur preparations for baby shower going??
    Few ideas... one of my friend had this on her baby shower.. few cards to pour in the wishes/suggestions of everyone on motherhood.. it was distributed to all the ladies... And there were games as in a questionnaire list ... all about babies.. which they got from party city.. it was fun...

Hi HB,
    Nice to know ur feeling better now, i still feel only flutters sometimes though being my second pregnancy.. i have not felt the punching kick yet .. waiting to feel it...

Hi Brindasri,
    mmm update us what you have then.. once ur anomaly scan is over.. good that you have gained only 8 kgs so far...

Hi JJ,
    i have a glass of milk or corn flakes in the morning.. sometimes i end up having a coffee if i feel i am not deprived of sleepy mood...

Hi Crazysans,
    Nice to know you have a control on your weight now.... i started eating like crazy.. i am scared to check my weight gain at home.. will check it during doc visit... my appetite is increasing so very badly..

My updates:
    Still waiting to feel the punch/kick a good hard one...:roll:

3. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi HB,Sandiya,Crazysans,Parimal,Brindsri,jj and all the august mommies...

Happy to see all of us back again.

Special warm welcome to HB.Happy to know that your backpain has gone.

Crazysans, same pinch.The first thing I have after brushing my teeth is a cup of filter coffee.You know, have been practising this for so many years that I go nuts if I skip it for a day.But its just once a day so it is fine.No worries.My mommy used to have two cups of coffe while she was carrying me.That was ok those days.But due to medical advise given these days.It is better we restrict to one cup a day.Nice to know about your wedding anniversary.Advance wishes dear.

Offlate,I have been noticing that my cutie pie is very sensitive to outside food.He very well finds the difference and I had food vomit around 19 weeks.So I stopped having even tea outside,but it is ok for him if the quality is of A-Grade.

Some of you guys have told about heartburn.Its better to prevent than cure.Be careful about the food you have.Gelusil will help if needed.Have lots of buttermilk.

4. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi sandiya,

Nice inputs dear.Surely will make use of it.Thanks a lot!

5. jj009

jj009 Junior IL'ite

Yes, good to see so many updates. I had a good long weekend, but just relaxed, didn't do much. Went to Denny's for breakfast on Sunday.

I have been drinking tea in the early mornings, from the time I don't even remember, but lately I do not seem to like the taste. So for the last few days, I switched to cereals, feels good. I am also going to try eating oatmeal and see if I like it that early in the mornings.

I also feel the heartburn sometimes, but try to eat fruits and drink water. That helps.

Weight, I am not even keeping track of anymore. In the beginning, I was gaining 1 lb every week or so.

I haven't felt any movements yet, hopefully soon :)

6. HuggleBuggle

HuggleBuggle Bronze IL'ite

Parimala,
    Forgot to add my EDD is on Aug 6th.
    Sandiya,JJ
    My height is 5.2'. Is your height more than me. My guess not sure baby has little more space for you than me & so hiding his/her mischief's.
    Jaynav,
    Thanks Jaynav. In the first trimester the same happened to me when I had outside food. Yeah we have to be careful about our food. Recently the very bad mistake I did was I ate food that was about to start foul smell, came to know only after eating half or so. Worried & then realized that placenta will protect the baby from not reaching harmful things. Had some stomach upset. Thought have to be extra careful.
    For baby shower game ideas you can look in babyshower101 dot com -->baby shower games. In one of my friend's baby shower they gave some thread & asked to guess pregnant lady(host)'s stomach size & the prize was given to closest match. You will find the same in the above mentioned one.

7. jj009

jj009 Junior IL'ite

HB, even I am 5'2", but I am due on 24th Aug. And as the time passes, baby gains weight and so does mom. My bump is not that big though at 20 weeks. People say, you pop suddenly at 26 - 28 weeks.

I eat out once / twice in a week, but go for only burgers and pizzas. Indian food and curries, we try to make at home.

8. parimalapalani

parimalapalani Junior IL'ite

Hello All.

i am having consipation problem still.... today i got blood while gone for toilet... will consitipation affect baby?

am worried... please advice me... am drinking lot of water though i have this problem

9. Jaynav

Jaynav Bronze IL'ite

Hi Parimala,sorry to know about constipation.Better consult with your doctor.They might give you some tonic/tablet.

10. crazysans

crazysans Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jaynav,

Yah taking a cup of coffee when you need it so badly to start off your day, is just fine. But I guess for most of us heartburn is probably that we can directly relate to outside food, and lack of proper intake of milk products. Somehow I feel heartburns are also prominent if I eat really biig meal, so I feel stomach full.

Sandiya,

I was overweight to begin with and have lost about 9 kgs of weight last year, as soon as I started wishing to have a second baby. Even then I was over weight, so just wanted to make it reasonable weight gain this time. I know how hard it is to loose, but then again I am not too much worried about it that I will not give all nutrients to the growing baby. I am just trying to cutdown that "I am pregnant ... let me eat whatever I want" I am eating sensibly this time, and already I am seeing the fruits of it. This pregnancy has been so easy than before(touchwood) because of my increased muscle tome and fitness. My husband and MIL always say that.

Again, these days I am hearing lot of comments these days saying that my tummy doesn't look like I am in my 6th month now. most of the times. It did pop out, but I can still wear my old pre-pregnancy cloths( they are already loose, because of weight loss last year) But when I went for scna last time they said the baby's weight is normal according to her age. SO I think its OK.

How about you all? Any comments or compliments about your bumps?