1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

One of those days

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by littlelost, Mar 25, 2012.

1. MyCreativity

MyCreativity Gold IL'ite

Dear LL,

Please listen to all the wonderfull advices of our IL's.
    While you listen and act on these advices, I would love to share my story....and turning point of my life.....
    It is not about being fat...being fat is something very minor......it is something worst then that!

You are fat, but atleast you are not having other medical problems.
    To let you know about me, In last 30 years of my life I have had 5 major surgeries....Out of which two were spine surgeries...right from collar bone till the cocyx with a rod supporting my spine!

Well all this is history! Would like to take you back on 'One of those days' when I was 13 and felt almost same like you.....I was tired of all the medical problems in last 13 years and forgot to smile....forgot to live...and thought it is almost the end of world....I am the most unwanted useless...last person to be loved on earth!
    Althought I had my wonderfull parents...my younger brother.....all supporting and taking care of me!
    My Mom and Dad ...the best ....in world anyone can have...stood by my side every step...preserved me like a flower....but still there was a VACCUM!! There was NO HOPE !! I felt ABNORMAL !!

While I was lost in sadness of my own world in my hospital-bed....there walked in my surgeon...who was a Brigader in Indian Army...he read my mind....realized my feelings...tried talking to me...But I gave no response!!!
    Something striked his thought....he paused for a moment, with help of nurses....made me settle in a wheel chair...and moved me outside the ward.

He stopped the wheel chair in frnt of ICU of Military Hospital.
    While I was least interested to ask him any questions....He said only one line to me... let us say Hi to few people....and you will know...How special and Lucky you are !!

1st patient : He asked me to say Hi to a beautiful sexy gal, daughter of one Army officer, who was in hospital from last 4 months...completely on bed...because of her spine injury in a car accident !! She was 23, beautiful, educated.....but had No Hope that she will ever stand on her feets again!!
    This sight shook my mind!!

But the worst was yet to come....

Second Patient :
    He was an army soldier who was hit by a bullet....and who was in bed for last 1.5 years....His entire body was paralyzed except his neck!! His eyes couldnt move....he couldnt talk....he couldnt eat..He was on liquid diet through his mouth.....they had a machine beeping to let everyone know....air is passing in and out of his lungs !! OR should I say to know he was ALIVE ??

That's it .....this was 'One of those days'.....that turned my thoughts.......that shook my heart and my mind !!

After we stepped out of that ICU that day, I never looked back again....Never went in to those sad thoughts....I decided to do SELF- REPAIRING and I did....I felt blessed to be able to walk inspite of those surgeries....I felt blessed that I had my amazing, loving and wonderfull family....I decided to live life as it comes....Not thinkingn about future and not regretting past !!

And today I stand almost 20 years after that incident...
    I work in a MNC.
    I had a love and arrange marriage. My husband, who married me just after knowing me for 5 months....Who was fully aware of all the physical challenges I had faced...and I can face ahead!!
    It has been 6 years to my marriage and I am mother of a 2.5 years old angel ...My son!

So, the moral of the story is....
    Like 'One of this SAD day' ...there may be a 'One of those DAY...'..that will change your mind about your condition....Will make you actually know that being FAT is NO CURSE!
    There are things in this world....which are WORST than Being FAT!
    And to everyone reading this....Whatever I wrote....is NO Fantasy....It is a part of my real life !!

So my dear LL, ENJOY your life in your present....live life as it comes...and STOP WORRYING !!

Let time take its OWN COURSE....and on 'One of those day'...you will find yourself LOT more happier then this day!!
    Today is called PRESENT, because it is actually a GIFT !! So enjoy this gift !

Cheers :)

14 people like this.
  2. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Dear MyCreativity ,

Your struggle with health and recovery , kudos .......to you ....

It's not just you who deserves all the accolades , your parents , brother, and the Doctor...
    they gave you rebirth ....

Your husband also deserves a big thumbs up !!!!

I hope your story will lessen OP's pain .........
    And , I wish you all the very best in life........

3. GMReddy

GMReddy Silver IL'ite

dear mycreativity,

the struggle you have gone through in your life and the positive steps you have taken to rejuvinate yourself, is a wonderful lesson for all people like me who are finding difficult to face life even with so many positive things.

after reading your story, my problems looked small as it created awareness about the things which are far more worse than the present problems...

it also highlighted how we neglect the present worrying too much of futuristic things...

wish you all the best in your life...

4. littlelost

littlelost Senior IL'ite

thank you all, creativity, your post has moved me a lot, thank you.

5. MyCreativity

MyCreativity Gold IL'ite

Dear Anikha, GM Reddy and LittleLost....Thank you for your time and patience to read through and being so optimistic to pick all the positive from my learnings.
    Thanks to all of dear IL's who read it. :)

Cheers.