April 2012-Due

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by sheel, Sep 21, 2011.

1. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Hearty congratulations Sheel!!! When did u deliver???

2. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

Congratulations sheel!!

How are all the other expecting mothers doing?? I have been so carried away the past few months and have not logged on to this..
    Hope things are going ok though.. Few more weeks to go for most of us..my baby is already head down..and i have been getting few cramps on and off that last 3-4 secs... Are these Braxton hicks contractions?

3. inlovewithmylyf

Hey Shaza,

Where did u go all these days my dear?? :) ... What baby are u carrying?? Is it a boy or a girl???

4. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

Just been busy getting ready for the baby and planning the showers etc.. Had a baby shower last week so was tied up and exhausted after that tooo.. ;) yep I've found out n it's going to be a boy! :)

What about have you found out? How many weeks along are you now?

5. inlovewithmylyf

Hey Shaza, great to know that... :) ... I am carrying a boy too... :)

I am 35 weeks and 4 days... How many weeks are u?? When are u due?? Ur parents are there to help u or u managing everything all alone??

6. shazahussain

shazahussain New IL'ite

Oh great!! :) I'm 34weeks now. My parents will be here in 2 weeks. Due 25th April.

I kind of planned everything myself as I wanted to be very involved. It wasnt too bad though, Catered everything and had lotsa fun :)

7. inlovewithmylyf

8. inlovewithmylyf

I get very sharp pains on thigh joints... This happens when I lie flat or when I lie on one side and try to turn the other side... Doc said that the baby could be lying on the sciatic nerve and the pressure thats put on the nerve by the baby causes this unbearable pain... Does anyone know anything about this?? Is there any remedy to get rid of this pain?? I am dying with pain... Please help me... Please... :-( ... I dont know how I am gonna push with this pain as I am even unable to lie on my back... It was ok till yesterday but since this morning the pain has become worse and I am even unable to walk...

9. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear inlovewithmylyf, honestly, it is not a good idea to lie on your back. also do not lean back on a sofa while watching tv or reading. always adopt a position so that you are bending forwards. this is for optimal fetal positioning and for relieving you off the lower back pain. do you have a fit ball? lean forwards on it when you watch tv or read.

When you sit on the floor make sure that your knees are lower than your pelvis. this can be achieved by sitting on a small yoga block. I did an activebirth class last time and teh lady always insisted on Indian ways of living :) check this link also
    Optimum Foetal Positioning

It is not very easy to lie always on your side. the only way out is to use lots of pillows or use your DH for support. I have not lied on my back for more than 1 minute in the last 6-7 months.

if it is really painful, contact your doc/midwife and say that the pain is unbearable. I would not like to see you in pain at this stage when you are already full of anxiety. dont worry dear, there is only few more days.

also, you may not be on your back when you are pushing, that is nt the best position for pushing any way. although i was on my back due to IV. again kneeling forward is the best way for pushing as gravity can help you a lot.

10. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Sheel... Ladies its less than a month now for all of us.. All the best to everyone..

1 person likes this.