anyone applied for Passport recently?

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by teju, Mar 22, 2012.

1. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

I need to get my passport renewed and I want some heads up from anyone who has applied recently. How soon do you get your passport if applied normally? Its online through Passport Seva Kendras now. I am hearing mixed reports from others, some say that the passport is getting delayed by more than 3 months, but some agents say that we will get the passport within 10 days.
    If tatkal, they say that we will receive the passport soon within 3 days.

2. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

I heard renewing passport is easier than getting a new one.Sorry don't know more than that

3. anudhivi

anudhivi Silver IL'ite

Hi teju,
    My hubby applied for passport renewal before 6 months thro tatkal and we received it within 1 week. But applying a renewal passport is very tedious since we have get signatures from a local DSP and we have to summit the form in seva kendra. We nearly worked for it for 2 months for getting a sign from DSP office.

4. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

I got New PP some 3 months back..
    I applied Online, and have been given a date for appearing in person after 30 days of online registration.
    I have completed all the formalities and was present at the PP office on time and I was called in
    After verification of certificates with originals, I was asked to by way of DD, which i kept ready with the application.
    I received passport 21 days thereafter.

[please note.. as I was in government service, I could get NOC in my office, which should be attached with application]
    Regards

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  5. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

hi Anudhivi,
    Why did you have to get a sign from local DSP? for what, sign on which document? I dont see this mentioned anywhere

6. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

Thats great Malaswami..... you are lucky, maybe because you are a govt employee.....

7. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends :)

Does anyone the procedure to get new passport for kids (1-3 yrs old)....Would tatkal could be better?!