interested in teaching -but ?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by amnilakshmi, Mar 21, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I am a working women. I want to enter teaching line as i am very interested in that profession. The problem is that though i like to teach , i have a lot of stage fear and so i am unable to take a seminar even. I forget to say what i want to say. Please give me tips to overcome this

2. krishvish

krishvish New IL'ite

Hai Laks,

It is very easy to overcome this. First try to improve your language because if you are strong in your communication automatically your confidence level will also increase. Then practice some topics infront of the mirror. Be confident in the subject which you are going to teach this also gives an extra strength. Dont worry this is a simple problem if you approach this in a positive manner u can overcome this easily. All the best for the future teacher/professor/lecturer.

Regards
    Sharu

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I am not sure if you want to teach at school or college level. If it is college level, try taking some courses in public speaking (look for toast masters/Dale Carnegie/landmark forum kind of programs - this link provides quite a bit of information here Google), sign up with colleges to offer a lecture on one topic or the other and slowly work your way up in speaking/presentation and confidence. If it is school, start with volunteering, give some tuition/private lessons and see how you feel. You need to give your self sometime exploring deliberately, say 6 months to a year to help you get out of your mind set. Then you can make the call. the good thing on your side is you absolutely know what you like - you just need to figure out how to do it! Most people are sacred but practice and putting one self in situations to over come our fears help us get through. Best wishes.