What is your relationship with the boss?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by KiranUs, Jan 19, 2008.

1. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

At your job, are you friendly or formal with your boss?

There are certain jobs where the employer demands lots of respect and is very strict, but there are other work places where the boss is more friendly with the workers.

How is this aspect in your case? How would you like it to be?

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Kiran,
    My boss is very friendly, not strict asnd easily accessible. But when it comes to making a decision he takes a long time and keeps putting it off. You can speak to him about your problem and be sure that he has said soemthing to another colleague behind your back, thank heavens, I have not been subjected to that yet. But difficult to work under him, for the actual solution to your probelm will never be arrived at.

3. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

I am very lucky, I have a laid-back relationship with my boss, we are friends, we don't have a strict and formal relationship... He has more experience than I do, I respect him a lot, but he also respects my thoughts and listens to me, even if I might be wrong - he is calm and explains to me why my ideas could go wrong, or on the contrary, why they are great.
    In the IT domain you could end up with a boss who's much more younger than you are, or be a freelancer and just have lots of partners you work with, depending on your projects...

4. Rogo

Rogo New IL'ite

My manager is very nice ...he doesn't interfere in our decisions ..that speaks his confidence on us ...but the only thing which I feel bad about is motivation ...he never praises or encourages ...in any work you need some motivation to work on ...
    but i guess his confidence on us itself is a big motivation

5. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

My boss is a hell, He is very ill mannered . He has never respected anyone in his life. If you see him doing that , it is a 100% acting as he would have something to get from them. He irritates people with his worst micro management.

He does not deseve the position he is enjoying.

Regards
    Sri

6. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

srivatsa I am so sorry to hear about this problem. it's a pity having to work in such conditions :(

My boss is friendly and we get along well. We know each other for quite some time and the relation was always good. He is pretty demanding too, but fair and respectful.

7. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

My relationship with my boss is quite nice.
    He is friendly and understanding. We do quarrel sometimes, but i back out quickly since... he is my boss and i kind of have to listen to him :)
    We respect each other and get along well. I think this is important - having a nice relationship with the employer.