Are you still looking for the perfect job?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by KiranUs, Jan 15, 2008.

1. KiranUs

KiranUs New IL'ite

I am not perfectly happy working as a marketing person since it is not my ideal job :) but i am fine with it. Maybe after a while i will find a better one, or maybe i will continue working in this area for a long time, only time can tell.

Do you work in your favorite area? Do you have the perfect job or are you still looking?

2. Rashmita

Rashmita New IL'ite

I do work in my favorite area, I feel like I've made the right choice, I wouldn't choose any other job for no reason... The only things that makes me regret is the fact that the IT domain is a highly competitive one and it's not very stable, especially when you're a freelancer and you work project-based.. Not to mention the fact that it's horrible working with clients that don't know many things about my job, but they do have weird and stupid requests from me!

3. SUBHALAKSHMI SRIHARI

SUBHALAKSHMI SRIHARI New IL'ite

Hi ,

My name is subhalakshmi srihari. I stay in Sunnyvale- SFO. Yes, i am looking for job. How do you find you job now. i read your thread. just want to know how things works in USA.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subhalakshmi - welcome to IL. Looks like you are new to US and possibly looking for a job. I would suggest that you start looking online in the field of your interest and see what is out there - and depending on your experience and education, you will get some ideas about what might be a good fit for you. I have successfully used recruiters (also known as head hunters) to secure a good job. Happy job hunting - and in the meantime, I hope you enjoy your time with us at IL!!

5. SUBHALAKSHMI SRIHARI

SUBHALAKSHMI SRIHARI New IL'ite

HI,

If you know some head hunters, let me know. My background is finance. call me subha.
    thanks
    bye
    subha

6. Rakshana

Rakshana New IL'ite

Welcome to the community :)

I am pleased with my job. I was fortunate enough to be able to work in my desired area and I had an excellent experience with my job, boss and coleagues. I don't think I would be looking for something else too soos, since now it's all looking good for me.