1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to enjoy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hyral, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Re: In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to e

To make him open up to you, talk about the good things you find in your MIL. Ask him how she managed the household during his younger days and some unforgettable things/moments during that time. Being a mom's boy, he would love to hear good things about his mom, particularly from you, and that will pave way for him opening his mouth, at least to talk about his mother. Then you can gradually divert the topic and get into things you want to talk about. This may be a bit boring for you, but believe me, that will certainly bring him closer to you than before.

Since you have five days, start every day with something good about your MIL and then gradually make the things drift your way. That will make keep him happy and in good mood to do whatever you like or wish. As others have mentioned, try to make the most at home, minimizing outings. Try out all those naughty things on bed and in other places, but before that ensure that he really likes them and enjoys it like that. Otherwise, your plans may be derailed. Try to find out what common interests you both have and start working with that. You an introduce surprise elements in that, so that he too enjoys it.

Do post your experiences, so that it can serve as a guide to other girls in your league.

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  2. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Re: In-laws are out of town for 5 days,I & DH will be alone :) pls suggest ideas to e

Hi ILs,
    Thanks a lot for the tips and ideas...
    Yeah , I wanna give my best to get more close to him on emotional level....actually things are going lil fine these days so wanna try to maintain it or to improve more...
    Actually, AC fitting work is going on in my house and my in-laws are going tomorrow. Good news is their train is early now they just got to know so they would leave house at 12:30 pm and I have party in office which is mandatory for me to attend so it will be till 1pm so from afternoon I and my DH would be alone for next 5 days...but now the problem is....as I know my DH is very lazy man....he would prefer to remain at home...most of the time.
    Also , this fitting work has not yet got finished and my DH is planning to take off on Monday but for those fitting guys so that they can visit our home to do fittings....house is getting too dirty due to this work so I know my weekend and may be coming next 3 days would be busy in cleaning house :(
    Yest I smsed him asking 'As we both would be only at home these 5 days lets try to make it memorable.You can suggest ideas..We can talk about this tonight..I have thought roughly if we can go to beach on sunday for few hrs only and pls do give me list of dishes u want me to cook. I want to cook something that u would love also in any of the working days we can go for movie & can go for dinner to some romantic place like candle light or quiet place to talk.' To this he replied 'Yes can talk and decide as days come' but later when he came from office he made plans to ask those worker guys to come to work on monday....also he was telling my MIL that on weekends we would do dusting work and would make maid to help.....we didnt discuss about our planning for this CARE FREE 5 days at night..why do I always have to come up with the talks to spend time...I smsed and initiated to him the excitement and need to spend quality time together .... from there on Cant he suggest.
    I want that like me he too should feel the need to spend quality time coz when in-laws are there at home....once he is back from office his time is spend talking to his Mom and rest playing games....we dont get to spend time together :(
    I longed to go to beach with him since I got married but we have still not been there....
    I got lil upset that inspite of hectic schedule I help my MIL in kitchen and this dusting and all I usually suggest and do it myself too...why does he and MIL have to discuss...also I know impt of keeping house clean but at same time I know that such opportunity is rare to be home alone JUST ME AND DH for these days... also 'he would make me spend lot of time in dusting along with maid and later he would feel lazy to go out or to do anything at home' :(
    also I want to plan our 5 days but my MIL have planned it for us infact with lot house related work not only that she has created fear in my DH's mind that I and DH cannot manage home without her :rant
    Infact , to my past experiences whenever my MIL was out of town leaving Grandfather-in-law at home I have managed home very well...have not made family to wait for lunch/dinner inspite of me working and infact kept kitchen clean too...

But guess what ladies....unlike previous times this time I havent expressed my dislike to him yest night.... :) so he seems to be fine , coz i know if I would have expressed the need and excitement to be home alone for 5 days DH might have got annoyed...

This is very very rare chance to be home alone completely which he is failing to understand....coz whenever MIL,SIL and FIL are not at home ..... Grandfather-in-law is still there

U know ladies my MIL, FIL and SIL are going with our relatives around 25ppl on return they have 2 tickets in different compartment....So on knwing this my MIL suggested to her sis that pls give us these 2 tickets so that She and my FIL can enjoy eachother's company in privacy ...my MIL told me this.... SIL will be in different compartment with relatives.... Whats hurts me is at this age also my MIL and FIL finds need to be together spending time but their son fails to understand and moreover my MIL is all time after my DH...she doesnt leave him for a min to let my DH spend time with me :drowning

Donot how these 5 days will go...but yeah for good am planning not to nag my DH, not share my dislikes and would wait for him to suggest me how to plan these 5 days...if he wont as suggested by many IL Friends - it better to plan the things at home and enjoy :) so would do accordingly....coz i dont wanna spoil these 5 days in complaining or fighting with him...off I swear....at times I tihnk WHY WE NEED TO STAY WITH IN-LAWS neither they are kids nor are we

Sorry for getting off track but wanted to share as all this is going right now .... and mood went lil off yest night... please give me more ideas how to plan these 5 days if at home and also if any one in similar situation to mine can suggest how to convince DH to spend time and to make him understand importance of wife and significance of being married.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

hey Hyral,
    dont get worked up that he is not sharing your enthusiasm. Either
    1. he does not want to openly celebrate that his mom , gdad and sis are not at home
    2. or generally laid back or lazy kinda guy

Either ways ensure good food and great treats otherwise. Just keep it going and flowing..He will definitely appreciate both .If all goes well, he will start organising such trips for them oftem for them .. hahah

4. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Hyral,
    my best advice is to stay patient and happy ..do not waste too much time incooking. try to be with him always.
    I have private messaged you. check out

Warm Regds,
    Priya

5. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

u r right Bts....i too think....my DH might not be finding its celebration time when his parents,sis and grandfather are out. But I wonder why its is so for him...I mean am so very expressive and he very well know we dont get privacy when his mom,dad,sis and grandfather are at home.... and again this is not permanent its just for 5 days

And yeah he is extremely lazy guy....yeah i agree thats what I have to do to go with flow...Was simply thinking....for him i let go off my tiredness...coz for me he is the most important person in the world...I love him lot but I guess that not true with him :( anyways thanks a lot :)

6. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Hey Priya Thanks for the reply...ur words stay patient and happy makes me feel good. I couldnt read ur private msg coz I havent made 10 posts in this month so moderator havent given me access to read ur msg. can u please post the msg here if its ok to share here.else I'll make more posts to bring it to 10 :) to read ur msg.
    Thanks and yeah hoping that these 5 days go well....I have no issues with in-laws but their over possessiveness towards my DH is hitting my head....its been 1 yr to my wedding so find more need to spend time....also after having kid wont get so much time to spend...how to make him understand.....oooffff

7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Hyral. to tell you the truth....whenever wife is super excited about somethign/ is planning in super duper high spirits about somethign - I get scared. I try not to talk about it - for it may spoil her mood. I never plan anythign. when in such planning mode - even n if some little tiny things goes wrong - she goes sad, all silent.........that horrifies me. So when wifey is in such high spirits - I think automatically form prev experiences it creates a mental block in mice :d mind - so I would not say anything ...I may feel like am sitting on a ticking time bomb :D the pressure hehehehe.

I tell you this why? .....perhaps Mr.Hyral is feeling the same........not saying he is but possible . so dont feel down.....if he does thent hat means that he likes you to be hppy whatever it is......... and he is interested too but he may be tensed which is why he may not talk bt it much. ........you plan.....you dont have to seek approvals....just do it. ...... do what you have to ........enjoy!
    Is beach close by - you mentioned beach.

Zimble dineer, fragrance, music/movie, beach - Perfect.

8. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Hey friends,

My days are going good :) romantic, friendly and yeah going by the saying 'The guy who teases a gal the most, likes that gal' very true...my DH is not leaving a single chance to tease me....oh am loving it being alone...Just me and DH....will post my experience soon :)

9. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Really a good thread. Mine is also a same situation but slightly different i miss my mother-in-law. She is moving to her native this week end. We will drop her and return back. I have only MIL and he is the only son. I feel to have her with me serve her lifelong. Our marriage happend on jan this year and this is the month we are going to be alone till may. I dont whether to feel sad for missing her or be more happy to be with my DH alone.!!!!!!

10. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Ang Hyral you can enjoy these days by doing everything which he is fond of much. Maximum utilisation will be good. Since im also mewly married i dont know much about these. Be happy for ever friend!!!!