1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

I have many questions about RotiMaker..Please help me :-)

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by swaran, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

sorry swaran I really can't remember the brand otherwise i would have done some anti advertising for it here hahaha..anyway maybe it was the wrong position like Pinksugar here has explained..:)

sherin.. I too am interested in going for a food processor....could you please share all details....

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahaha mindian..thats ok :)

3. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

As I already had a preethi Mixie and Philips centrifugal juicer, I went for a Philips Basic model food processor. It has a blender jar by which juices, smoothies, milk shakes can be prepared. The food processor part has 3 blades two for shredding , one for slicing, a plastic kneader blade, a steel chopper blade and a whipper.

The shredding blades can be used to shred vegetables like carrot, cabbage, beetroot, to prepare Chinese items like fried rice, noodles.Slicing blade is helpful in slicing vegetables for making chips, salads. I slice beans using this for poriyals, fried rice.It saves lot of your time. With the kneader attachment dough for roti's, Poori, paratha can be prepared, cake batter can be blend. In addition I mix the batter for making aapam, banana fritters, for kneading paneer, milk powder for making rasgullas, gulabjamun etc. Chopper blade can be used to chop vegetables like carrot, potato, beetroots, cabbage, onions etc. greens, meat mincing the size of the vegans depend s on the time you run the chopper blade. You can grind black gram dhal, grams dhal for preparing vadai using this blade.If you are not particular about the shape of vegetables after chopping you can cut almost all vegetables in this blade. All these can be donein minutes. I store chopped and sauted onions and store in fridge. This saves time and I need not waste my time to cut onions for each and every cooking.

Roti kneading takes only 1.5minutes to get soft dough. I neither add oil nor ghee while kneading but still dough comes very soft. the leftover dough I store it in fridge smearing 1/4 tsp ghee so that the outer crust does not become black.

Philips basic model cost around Rs.3900 approx. I purchased it for Rs.3500 after a diso****. There are various other brands like Inalsa, Glen, Birla which has food processor,mixer grinder jars along with centrifugal juicer for the price of Rs.3.5K. Some also has finger chips cutting blade too. If your requirement is only dough kneader then there is one from Softel I guess whcih comes for approximately 2K.
    Philips, Murphy Richards, Bajaj etc have higher end models too

kika and (deleted member) like this.
  4. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

wow sherin..thats a great piece of feedback..thanks a bunch :)

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

@Pinksugar, thank you so much for the detailed explanation.. :)

@Sherin, Thank you so much for the detailed reply.. Will check out in the websites and let you know if we have any doubts. Also, do we need to strain/give much pressure in order to chop the veggies???

Thanks for the tip to add ghee in the roti dough so that it won't turn black.. :)

6. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks a bunch for the link dear abc...great help:)

8. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

Not at all in a electrical one. But if you are going for a manual one like the various dicers and slicers you have to strain yourself or apply pressure.

9. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much for the reply Sherin.

10. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

Hi,

I am using roti maker for past three years, Its good. I prepare it in the night and i use it for next day as i have to leave home early. Next day also its very soft and others who have tasted also told me its soft and good. As some ladies suggest dough should loose. I have got it for my Sister in Law and Sister, they also tell its good. The Brand I use is Chef Master. One of my friend suggested me that brand after she is using it for some months. I am happy with this brand.