India dangerous country for women

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by billybob, Mar 5, 2012.

1. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

I mentioned virginity because, I remember watching Indian movies where heroines commit suicide because they were raped. At one point I did believe that it was right thing to do in my teens and early twenties. This type of mentality puts more burden on parents to raise a female child apart from dowry, family name etc. A woman can offer much more to the society than her virginity.

1 person likes this.
  2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i always wonder about such surveys & where they are conducted...........personally me & none of my friends have never been approached for any survey...............how many of you have been.

how can 2000 or 3000 girls surveyed can claim about security or any other issue.........

really, billybones i didn't expected you to form opinion about any country based on what you see in movies.........
    unfortunaltely this may be what the movies of 80's depicted but believe me this thing never entered in many parents mind along with worrying about dowry troubles or carrying family names........my parents & that of my friends were more worried about education & job for both their kids ............and as many indusladies are so focused on basing their judgment on surveys i would say that our parents can lay claim to majority thinking of people of that generation..........

pragati

1 person likes this.
  3. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

I am living in US past 17 years, during this time I did change, I am glad that things are different in India now. When I see some of the families returning to India to avoid their children adapting western culture like dating or having premarital relationships, I wonder if we are still living in1990's and India moved on from 1990s.

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Above all, shouldn't we be happy that Pakistan is above us in the rank?

Rather than virginity and rape crime, it is female infanticide that is being practiced that is the prime reason for the rank.

India is much much safer place for woman than Pakistan.

5. billybob

billybob Gold IL'ite

Why do we compare ourself with a failed state like Pakistan, if India ends up with millions of surplus men like china females will become commodities, not safe for women. Generally newborn girls have survival advantage, preterm females survive much better than males under similar conditions. Never understood how some women agree to marriage proposals where they have to live with in-laws, may be they do not have a choice since a large percentage of men are emotionally dependent on their parents. This may be the reason for female feticide and infanticide. So far among our friends and families there are four eligible bachelors unable to find suitable brides.

6. Akrushi

Akrushi New IL'ite

Its really bad and shameful to hear at all and we must take some steps for it .