1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Foot Cleaning Tips needed

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by BuviVishal, Feb 9, 2012.

1. shininaga

shininaga New IL'ite

Hi,
    Nice to see many ideas moving around. My mom has the problem of cracked heels and dry feet for ages. When checking a remedy, this is what I found

1) Cracked heels - it is caused by excessive dryness on skin. Ironically, feet exposed to water for long tends to become very dry when out of contact with water.
    2) Callus - This is the dry thick skin white in color ,formed at the end of heels or toes. sometimes painful. This again is caused by dryness combined with friction on the same parts of the feet/hands.
    3) exposure to soaps/detergents - one of the most imp reason for dryness. they rob oil and moisture away tending skin to look old and brittle.
    4) Dirt - Dirt clings settles easily in the cracks if the foot is dry. Something like absorbent paper!

The best remedy therefore is to avoid exposure of feet in the above conditions. When cleaning feet, do not use soap. Either we can use shampoo or soap free body washes.

where available try using PedEgg (small device), which is very effective in removing callus and old dry skin from foot. This is something like pumice stone, but does little more than that. Others cans use Pumice stone or normal walnut scrubber. harsh scrubber can damage the skin and cause lines.

While applying oil or moisturizer, applying it on wet feet will give more effect and will stay for longer than applying on dry feet. Only thing is that you need to massage a few seconds extra, which is again good.

I hope these helps people suffering with dry feet!

Regards
    Suba

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks for sharing the useful information suba :)

3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

thanks suba for posting good tips..

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swaran,
    The metal scrubber mentioned is not the one we use for scrubbing utensils.
    I am attaching a Vega foot scrubber - a 4 in 1 scrubber which can be used for cleaning our feet. I have a similar one( dont remember the cost, but I think was below 200/- ) . I have been suing it for a few months now and is still in good condition, just be careful not to drop it down in case it might break. Also my filer had come off but after sticking it with super glue its as good as new.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oh thanks a lot amihere..heheh...i understood and actually i have a similar one(local brand<100rs)...purchased it loooooong time back..i believe it would be close to 1 year now..hehee...but have never removed from its pack...need to...
    but since i posted here in this thread,i have started applying krack cream regularly during night time for the past 3 days...hope it helps to some extent...but everyday i think of getting this brush/scrub out but :bonk
    thanks once again...will try it :)

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hi ladies...ever since i posted here in this thread(some 10days back),i make sure that i regularly apply krack cream(cant say on all 10 days i apply,but def max)..also for the past 2 days,i am scrubbing and cleaning with this 4-1 metal scrubber while taking bath. though i dont find time to patiently sit and attend my feet,i atleast make suer that i spend some 2 min with this scrubber...and i really dont know whether you ll believe or not,i find my feet better...i mean i am not saying that the cracks have healed or vanished but my heel def look better...it was looking too dirty eventhough i washed it regularly,the dirt in the cracks dint get washed..so the heels were looking bad..now brushing with this brsh,pumice stone,metal scrubber etc makes my feet look better...feet look no more dirty and i could see my original skin colour :banana ..i believe that dirt was creating more issues that the cracks/dry feet...
    thanks for the tips ladies...will keep trying and post my feedback... Bow

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swaran, nice of you to post the fb :) Yes, most of the times what makes our heel dirty is the dirt that gets into the cracks than the cracks themselves. Hope you will achieve crack free feet soon :) Make this a routine and you will soon get those ;) I too used to use krack cream, but just a week after using it got to know I am preggers and didnt wanted to risk using any cosmetic creams. So stopped it. Also make sure you dont scrub your feet too hard, this will cause your skin to be hurt. Scrub gently and that too after lathering it up.

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks amihere..as you say, i too am giving gentle pressures on my feet...
    will follow your tips and will wish that my feet gets back to smooth crackfree very soon :)

9. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful and useful tips on foot cleaning...:cheers

Shanti

10. kalpanaram

kalpanaram New IL'ite

Hi IL

simple way to get the soft toes -- take few drops of baby oil in a small bowl. mix a few drops of hot water which is bearable by you into the baby oil. mix it and apply the mixture on your foot before bed time. almost you shouldnt walk or wash your foot after applying this. continue for a month. you will find results within a week.

Regards
    kalpanaram

1 person likes this.