Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sowmya, have you tried kamala my honey i think..a very lip smacking kuzhambu with orange peel.. i love the taste of this, though kids and V make faces at it..

barley i roast and powder my own..which i use for baking too.. it works out cheaper. Mam always advices fresh preparation and with our powercuts it is better.. try orange barley too.. i like lemon,orange and sometimes, just barley with a little curds mixed...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

I opened fb (ofcourse proxy of you know who??) and stumbled on flapjack..and this evening it was the same..i had picked country sugar (by mistake) and brown sugar , so used them both together, with oil and oats as usual..crisp and yummy ones...C initially asked me what it is and now she is slipping pieces into her mouth as she enters the kitchen..camera battery down..so no pics from me..but it really was so easy I am sure both the kids can do it without any problems..

...just 5 minutes to assemble...and i had poured into a a foil covered pan.. and cut it while hot,..cooled upturned and dumped the foil..it was a no mess recipe a keeper for me..

I am just wondering if adding nuts, would make it more rich for the kids??

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shobana,
    Kollu tastes very good with inions, specially!!
    Tons of onions?? Ha ha ha :)

4. Chitvish

How "thoughtful" of Anand??? :biggrin2:
    I suggest fresh barley, for sure!!
    Don't be lazy, baby :)

5. Chitvish

Shan, such an old recipe of my baking class!!
    So tasty too! I made only with country sugar & hence a lighter colour!! Yes, you can add a few nuts too for added taste.

6. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chith,

Posting a reply here after a longgg long time! But I have been regularly browsing your threads and trying out your recipes! you know that :). Tried Dhal Dhokli and Capsicum panneer sadam with mooli raitha, lip smacking. Recipes mela adhukku kudukkara combinations OOTW as always! :)

Love
    Vidya

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Happy woman's day to you, other women in the family and also to our friends here. I made vadakari last week and it was fabulous. I never eat that because of oil. Your version was sooo good. R was so happy and had it for all meals for two days. I posted the photo in FB , easier with iPhone. So many reviews there. System is giving problem so could not post it here. VK will be repeated often now, not only for R but for me too.

8. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello Madam,

Yesterday, i tried Moong dal Lapsi kanji, it turn out as a Halwa:hide:, However the taste is good.
    Will post you the picture soon.

Thank you

Magee

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Dear Mam,

the white bread finished in no time as i had baked in the night and sliced only in the morning to make stuffed sandwiches.next time will grill it for the extra beauty:) .

missed to write the fbs for the brinjal potato bake and macroni risotto.awesome bakes is what M says.v loved the brinjal potato bake with lettuce kiwi salad .and the macroni risotto was very filling too.baked them on diff days.will post the pics from home.

visit to this forum always makes us more inspired .thanks for making it happen.

love
    raji

10. Chitvish

Yes, Vids, I know!! I still remember the FB with photo you posted for Semiya bahala bhath within an hour of posting & induslady sent me a PM wondering how fast our forum is progressing!!:thumbsup
    Always kalanda sadam + raitha is a great combo. Menniyai pidikkamal irukkum :biggrin2: