Any tamilians?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by mickeymini, Jun 30, 2010.

1. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

romba thaan kaanju poitinga pola.......

yes very very much:bang

.. if you are a non-veggie, you will have the best time here :cheers

idhai idhai naan edirpathen:hiya:hiya

my kids and hubby r very fond of eating non-veg and I am very very fond of cooking it:) though i don't eat, i feel its easier to cook than veg..

the Internet is very good and has superb speed, that it just takes almost no time buffering....

:-o
    thats super good news to me..I was thinking it might be slower there..

very good..u have given lot of positive inputs:):thankyou2:

so, did u watch recent movies..kadalil sodappuvadu eppadi is very nice..a cute and loveable story about love..do not miss it..

mm summa kelviya ketka koodadunnu dhan ninaikkiren..but control panna mudiyale..

will we get steel utensils and non stick cookware like our rathna stores in chennai?? we r planning to leave almost everything here and buy new there..is there a shop like that and r the rates of non stick reasonable??

and how about the weather in april..is it too hot like in chennai?

u know what, the first thing i do nowadays after coming from work is to open the laptop and login to IL to see the msgs:)

have a lovely day..

cheers,
    sashi

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi sashi,

NOn-veggie. u will definitely have the best time here.. with non-veg non-veg wherever you turn.. Chicken and fish are abundant.. and you can have so many many varieties of sea-food.... and so many specialized restaurants for sea-food etc.. Definitely you will add on 5 kgs. Beware!!:lol:

The sad story is I am a veggie... :drowning Always with taufu and eggs shakehead

nandri.. ithu unmai... there are so many positive things here.. and the best of all, u can fly to India very often at very cheap rates when they have promotions.. :banana

going to watch tonite .. ithu onnu thaan kelvi illa.... :crazy

Witsend inum kelvi kelunga.. kelunga....

you will get evrything, from spoon and fork, until 21 kuzhi idly satti, dosai kal, nonstick cookware, vilaku, everything that you can think of.....till the ginger crushing "stone thing" that our patti's used to crush betel nut.. But, I wonder buying a whole kitchen together is expensive or not..... :shock:

ice eh potutanga ayya.... ice kattiya thalaila pottutanga..... :shaking:

3. preethiitech

ok forgot this.....

Hot like Chennai or not..? may be.. we do not know, and you will not know also.. because we are always inside offices/ home.. we travel to work before 9 and reach back by 7++.. no sun altogether..

but, yes, just now i went out, it was hot.....:spin

But it is not as bad as Chennai, because we are always inside a bus/car/train etc where all is air-conditioned, step inside a shop, is also air-conditioned.. And the best thing is it rains very often,, almost 4 days a week..

April/May is slightly lesser rain.. but still manageable, and no heat at all if you are in a tall apartment..... superb cool winds only..:cheers

And it rains althrough the year.. :thumbsup

4. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

thanks again for all the detailed inputs:clap really appreciate ur interest and effort in helping answer the queries..

happy to know that all utensils r available there..dont know how u even thought of mentioning abt the stone to crush ginger..bcoz that was also one of the qns in my mind.. in fact i had brought it frm chennai to zurich and my hubby had been :rant for a long time that its bcoz of its weight that customs caught us and qn us..most of my friends here have an eye on that..I can donate it now and buy in KL..

tmrw taking off to start packing for the move..would get more qns as I pack..but as of now, nothing to ask.. sandoshama:)

until then, thanks again and have a nice day..

cheers, Sashi

5. preethiitech

hahhaha.. I also moved in here from India a while ago.., then there were so many questions on my mind..:rotfl

will i get this? will i get that? etcetc... I had many relatives here, who made my move easier..

So, I know what might be running on your mind, so I just told about that stone.. you can even see that in hypermarkets or small Indian shops..

Glad, you are happy.. Happy packing.. May be we meet here once you are settled.....

This month, seems quite a few people moving to KL, we can have "Ladies-let's meet" once again, its quite some time since we last met each other... :cheers

6. tito

tito New IL'ite

Hi!

My name is Rama and I will be moving to Penang sometime in June 2012. I would like to have some Indian friends there. Is there anybody in penang? I would like to know about the place. How good are the shcools there? what is the cost of living like? etc...

7. tito

tito New IL'ite

Hi, Are u still in Penang? I am moving to penang in a few months from now.would like to make friends before i land there.

8. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

hi preethi,

how r u doing..I just lost the touch with IL, since so much was going on at my end..

there was delay in the visa processing and hence we decided to finish the kids schooling in zurich itself until July and then move to KL. so we will be coming to KL in the second week of August..

see u soon..

cheers,
    sashi

9. preethiitech

Hi tito,

Welcome to KL and Indusladies.. Hope you have moved in here by now.There are lots of indians in penang and cost of living is cheaper when compared to KL. enjoy your stay.

Hi sashi,

Hope you are fine, I was thinking that you might have faced some issues with the visa.. So, finally after all the hassle, Welcome here in August..

10. sharsuchi

sharsuchi New IL'ite

Hi

I'm sharadha currently living in singapore, will be relocating to petaling jaya, malaysia. Need some info on schools there for my 5 yr old kid. and also job opportunities for teaching in school. Wud be of gr8 help if u cud update.