Why bad mouth Gandhi?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SallyR, Feb 17, 2012.

1. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Recently I have noticed few posts in Facebook bad mouthing Gandhi. About him dancing with women, being promiscuous, money minded and so on. I don't know if any of them has any truth to it, even if it did what do people gain by this negative campaign. For better or worse he is the father of our nation and he did contribute to our freedom against British rule.

Not everyone has to like him and thats ok. But to be disrespectful of one of our great leaders (who is not even alive now)... is soo low in my option. Don't these people have better things to do?

Thanks for listening :)

4 people like this.

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Gandhiji acknowledged his youthful escapades in his book 'My Experiments With Truth' . Even great people are human after all.
    Negative publicity should be avoided no doubt , but it does not detract from his greatness.

1 person likes this.
  3. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Hi Flowerlady,

Yes I agree these doesn't diminish his greatness. However the derogative way these posts were worded... don't understand the need for such attack now. I wish I could post the link or copy & paste the message here but that would only help these people spread this further.

4. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Sally,

I know what you mean by going after someone who cant speak for himself now...the others probably think they are being very sophisticated. I have heard some people make comments like that...one was even on a talk show and the talk show host was surprised at the guy's manner. It is not that someone should be perfect but it is that you should know how to look at the bigger picture and see how they evolved.

5. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Teacher, you have clearly stated exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks!

6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

:)
    Apparently I can't post just a smiley.

2 people like this.
  7. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Gandhiji was the greatest person born in India in modern times. Let everybody read his autobiography, then they will know about him, what a fully honest man he was. Yes he did some mistakes, but he is so open to admit his mistakes and then go beyond them. That is why he is mahatma. People make fun of his habits like sleepng with young girls, or taking enema etc. All that is personal. Can any one of these teasing fellows do one hundreth of what he done for our country ? Where was he and where are these good for nothing people wasting time online ?

8. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

2 people like this.
  9. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

I agree with you Swarnalata. People who're posting these things should look at what they've done for the country rather than wasting time making fun of our leaders.

10. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

We can disagree on his political decisions and we have the right to do so. Some of the decisions Netaji made are quite questionable as well but I would be equally enraged if people make fun of him. Whatever their route I believe they had our nation’s best interest at heart and worked towards it hence they deserve to be respected or at the very least ‘not ridiculed’.

2 people like this.