1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Gold Coins In US

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by Dolly_Lite, Jun 5, 2008.

1. kss_v

kss_v New IL'ite

Hello All,
    Even I'm interested in buying gold for investment purpose but what do you think the price of gold would increase? I heard that it will fall in the first quater of next year..
    Any of you have any idea or any analysis would be helpful...

bye
    kssv

2. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for all informations.

Did anyone invest in gold certificates or mutual funds in US.

Awaiting eager reply,

3. hindichatbox

hindichatbox New IL'ite

I have bought one OZ. American eagle from Indian jeweller(India) somehow he had one or two.

As I said to him I want 24 carat coins so he showed me those and I purchased one out of it.

Earlier I never bought any American eagle coins this is the first one so I don't have much knowledge of it.

Is American eagle 1 oz. coins are 22 carat or 24 carat?

Could you please tell if anyone has it?
    If it is 22 carat then why its price is just like 24 carat gold price, i think it should be lower in price.

Please help me.

Thank You in advance.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  4. socalgal

socalgal New IL'ite

Hi Dweepa,

When you took your gold biscuit/ bar did u declare it at the customs in india and when u changed flights in other countries?
    thanks

5. rbits196

rbits196 New IL'ite

As far as I know and have checked, American Eagle is usually 22k. But American Eagle coins weigh 33.3 grams while Canadian Maple or Credit Suisse are a troy ounce each i.e. 31.1 grams. That is why American Eagle costs the same as Canadian Maple - because it weights 2 more grams. Hope that helps! :)

6. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

Dear socalgal,
    sorry for the very late reply. Busy these days.
    My husband was with me during visit. The scanner will beep only to our 22k gold not for pure 24k gold. So we removed all his 22k jewellery & he kept the coins in his pant pocket. In India no one asked but in the middle stop they questioned & we showed the reciepts & we were good to go.

7. just20

just20 Silver IL'ite

Gold bars are good for making jewellery. Coins are usually used for reselling and preserving. I bought bars so many times never faced any problem why carrying them.
    If i am buying bulk I get it from Kitco.com , he ships immediately as soon as he receive the money. Sends them in insured and next day mail.

8. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

we bought both coins & bars & used them for jewelery making. Usually we buy bars, if they are out of stock we buy coins. But now a days the premium has increased & so I feel there is no point of buying here & taking them home land. In India jewelery shops sell coins. So thought to stock there itself.