1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Target or Walmart - Where do you like to shop?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by SproutsOfSpring, Apr 12, 2011.

1. SproutsOfSpring

SproutsOfSpring New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

There's no question that Walmart is cheaper, but I just don't like going there. The Wal-mart store in my area is really crowded and a lot of times, they do not have my baby's formula in stock (it's so crowded ..they always run out of it!) and it's really annoying. So we just mostly go to Target now. Things at Target usually cost only a few cents more than they cost at Wal-mart plus lines at check-out are much shorter there and shelves are always stocked up. Shopping experience at Target is much better than it is at Walmart.

Where do you like to shop for grocery/household items/monthly supplies and why? You could name any store (doesn't just have to be Wal-mart or Target) and tell us why you like to shop there.

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I like walmart, like you said because of the price. I shop there maybe 4-5 times a year for things like TP, vit. supplements, stationary, cleaning supplies, seasonal products, undies, some elctronics etc.

I research online for everything and if I find it cheaper somewhere, I go there - be it target or sears etc.

3. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

I go to Walmart every week for all basic necessities because it is definitely cheaper than the rest.

I dont find the 'running out of things' happening at the walmart I go to. Its pretty good and yeah the queue at the counter can be sometimes very long!

For organics and stuffs like milk, curd, vitamins etc I go to either Trader Joe's or Wholefoods.

4. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Its Walmart for me too for everyday basic necessities and groceries, I almost always find what I want in there. I do shop at Sams Club too for buying in bulk.

For milk, I prefer organic and buy at Trader Joe's. For Indian Veggies I go to the nearby Indian Grocery store.

5. geeta82

geeta82 New IL'ite

Try going to walmart on tuesday or wednesday. weekends normally it wil be very crowded and wil be out of stock.

6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I prefer Costco for wholesale stuff....good stuff for a reasonable price(things like TP,kitchen towels,some brands of cereal,nuts,oil,toileteries)

Target for retail items.

Groceries ...Trader Joes,farmers market and Indian grocery stores.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  7. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

Milk,Water,some fruits in bulk(Grapes,Kiwi etc) - Costco

Inner garments,plastic containers,handwash,bodylotion - walmart

facewash,moisturiser - walgreens

Indian vegetables - Valli Produce

Indian Groceries - Patel or other indian grocery shops

8. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Once in a week i go to wal-mart its cheaper than other stores.
    Try to go on friday after 9.30 you wont find much people around.

9. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

I like shopping at both places.I shop in Walmart for cleaning supplies,casual clothes for home etc and at Target for items like good clothes,toys for my kid etc.(plus both places are very very close to my house)

For bulk purchases I like Sams club.

10. dweepa

dweepa New IL'ite

Earlier we used to go to Walmart frequently as it is closer to my home, but now target is closer so we are going there. But we now usually visit both stores occasionally. We buy milk from grocery store itself. We use self checkouts.