Pune exclusively....

Discussion in 'Pune' started by vjbunny, Jan 23, 2012.

1. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Vjbunny,Welcome to Pune.Which part of the city you are staying?Pune is growing in all directions.Just telling you about different places may not make sense to you.if you could tell about your interests,needs,I may be able to help you better.

2. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to Pune
    What I like about this city, small travel time, wheather, lots of gardens and temples, nice food joints, Marathi speaking people, my friends and family around....
    Some nice places to shop depending on your shopping list and budget East street, Tulsi Baug, Laxmi Road, Malls
    Hospital I find Jehangir better but small private clinics are also good once you know the doctor.
    Vaidehi

3. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Roopa....
    Sorry for coming late.... Thats wonderful...and lovely way to keep home makers busy....Have you shared the ideas in IL???

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Incharge...
    Nice to see you here...I am at Wakad...Well we can discuss about Pune in general...I read in todays paper about exhibition of Cotton and Silk exhibition at Alpa bachat Bhavan , Gardens road...till february 21... Have you been to this exhibition what are your experience Pls do share....I wish we all Puneites can chat here to learn whats happening the city and keep this forum active n lively.... Thank You.....

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viadehi....
    Thank You dear....Wow so for budget shopping East street Tulsi baug are good...Can you tell me about any in Wakad area... I love authentic Maharashtrian food with Bhakri will you please tell me the places...

6. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes,there are such exhibitions in Pune.In sonal hall Karve rd,There are such shows almost round the year.I have been there a couple of times.Silk mark exhibition is good you really get some exclusive stuff some times as artisons from all over India come.

7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Not much familiar with that area dear coz I stay at the opposite end of Pune.
    Yes for budget shopping Tulsi Baug and Laxmi road followed by East street.
    If you really want a taste of authentic Marathi food, you probably would like to try Sinhagad. Its outside of Pune a fort where you get good outing experience with good Marathi food.
    In city there are very few places where you could experience true Marathi flavours like the line of restos on FC road its not too far for you and also good for shopping if you like trendy stuff.
    Then there's one small hotel near SP college Tilak road I don't exactly remember the name. Also try the Maharashtrian Thali at Durvankur in same area nearby Bharti Vidyapeeth near Nal stop. There are others but you wouldn't find unless you roam around more.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Incharge and Vaidehi...
    Thank You dears....

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies

Good to see you all..

Wanted any specific shop names for buying Salwar Kameez Dress Material from Pune...not too expensive...for daily office wear use and cotton ones....

10. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

For ethnic punjabi suits,You may try Hastakala off Laksmi road.In the lane of Kajari 50steps towards narainpeth.