Christian Testimony Corner

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Prettina, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Europian

Europian New IL'ite

My mother, who is also Christian, but not born-again Christian, was in the hospital and suffered serious complications after an operation. First her stomach did not begin to function and the days passed. The doctors did everything they could, but nothing helped. I went to see her to the hospital and prayed God in the name of Jesus Christ to heal my mother´s stomach. Nothing seemed to happen. The next day I went to see her again and her stomach was huge and she could no longer breathe properly. So I was going to pray again, but Jesus said to my heart, you prayed yesterday already, now you just need to thank that I will heal her. So I began to thank God in the name of Jesus Christ that God heals my mother. And while I was doing that, I heard noise from my mother stomach and the intestines began to act. Next day her stomach was ok, and she could eat again.

But then her kidneys went bad and the doctors again could not find suitable cure for her. And I prayed and thanked, and God healed her kidneys.

Then an embolism (blood clot) went through her lungs and heart, and she dying again. And again I prayed and thanked, and God healed her.

After this she was able to return home in good health.

2 people like this.
  2. kalaipriya

kalaipriya Platinum IL'ite

You are welcome !!!!

God will sure do miracles in our life. He will never leave or forsake any one who comes near to him.
    Believe him and leave all his hands. He will take care.
    And pls dont forget to post your testimonies.

Thanks,
    Priya.

3. kalaipriya

Hi Europian,

Welcome to this thread.

Lord Jesus Chirst is the only one who do such miracles.
    Thanks for sharing your testimony.
    Keep sharing....

Thanks
    Priya.

4. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi kalai,carol and other friends

Thanks for keeping the thread lively..
    Lets keep sharing Gods wonders..
    Praise God!!

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Hi everybody,

I hope you are all doing well. Europian, that was a wonderful testimony to God's miracle-working ways. I am so happy your mother has had this healing experience and I pray that she is lead to accept Christ as her personal Lord and Savior.

As for me, I have so many things to share about how God's hand has been upon me and my DH in the past couple of months...am waiting for some confirmation to happen before I share it with all of you on this forum...I hope to be able to do that in the next couple of weeks! Until then, let's keep praising God because He alone is Lord and there is salvation and healing in His Name!

6. kalaipriya

@Prettina: thanks its our job.

@ Carol: Will be waiting for your testimony.

1 person likes this.
  7. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

OKay here is the first of my testimonies :)

My DH got an opportunity to apply for a position in his company at their U.S. headquarters...this happened sometime in June/July of 2011...after several rounds of interviews and calls, things seemed to be moving in the right direction. I felt this opportunity was the Lord's doing because, from Dec 2010, my DH was on the lookout for better jobs in Bangalore and Hyderabad...there were a couple that almost came through but there were inexplicable problems in the company and the positions were put on hold. It was a frustrating and disappointing time for us before this U.S. op came up.

Everything was in place and my DH had sent his papers to the lawyers for the processing of his visa...a few days later he decided to gather all his original educational certificates for reference...and we found out to our horror that the entire original sets, right from his birth certificate to his masters degree, were missing! We searched high and low, but couldn't find them. We made calls to the university and school and were told that it will take a minimum of 6 months to get a duplicate copy...and we had to have the certificates within a month for the visa interview!

I sat down and prayed that if this opportunity was from the hand of God, then nothing can stop us from traveling. My dad, a retired police officer, got in touch with friends and colleagues to get the duplicate certificates. God sent the right people into our situation at the right time and, miraculously, we got every single copy of the mark sheets and certificates in less than 2 weeks' time! It was the work of God that we had a smooth visa interview, travel, and settling down in the U.S...all in the last month and a half! He has been with us through every single step of the way, shown us amazing favor in the eyes of my husband's employers, colleagues, and strangers who have lent us a helping hand here in the U.S....this is a sure testament that our Lord Christ watches over us and is with us wherever we go...and if God sets His plan and purpose for our lives in motion, nothing in heaven or hell can prevent it from being fulfilled!

3 people like this.
  8. kalaipriya

Praise the Lord !!! I dont know how to express in words after reading your testimony. I remebered Psalm 23.

Psalm 23
    A Psalm of David.
    {23:1} The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.
    {23:2} He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside
    the still waters.
    {23:3} He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of
    righteousness for his name’s sake.
    {23:4} Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I
    will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff
    they comfort me.
    {23:5} Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine
    enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    {23:6} Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my

life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

2 people like this.
  9. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

This testimony has been pending for almost 2 months! I believe God has led me to the right time to share it with all of you so that it will be a sure witness to His existence and His provision for His children.

Ours is an inter-faith, inter-caste marriage...my DH is not saved but I believe God will touch him one day. Needless to say, we had gone through many struggles to even get married and then we went through a lot of misunderstandings and disquiet due to issues caused by ILs and others using the 'religion' card. At that time I never imagined the worst challenge to our marriage was yet to come!

We started TTC in early 2009, almost a year after our marriage. But nothing happened for almost 2 years...in the mean time we took a few tests and found out that both of us had problems. It was on Feb 25th, 2011 that we found out how bad the situation was...in effect, we were told that we had very remote chance of a natural conception and that IVF with ICSI (a very invasive, very expensive assisted reproduction treatment) were our only hope...and that too there was only a 30% chance of success in each treatment. A single cycle would cost well over 2 lakhs...without any guarantee to success. I remember my DH and I crying all the way back during the 1 hour drive to home...after I reached home, I threw down the thick folder of test results on the floor, stood on top of it with my precious Bible in hand, and broke down...as I cried, I claimed every promise God had given us and I resisted every fearful thought in my mind. I prayed God will heal us miraculously and show those around me that He is alive and is a wonder-working God!

I would like to say that I was as strong in my faith during the next 10 months of waiting on the Lord...but I wasn't! I tried homeopathy and other alternative medicines for a few months and then gave up. As every month gave a negative result, I moved closer and closer to thinking about medical treatments.

In the meantime, my DH got a work opportunity in the U.S and we began to focus on it. We told each other that our happiness did not depend on a baby. We accepted that even if we never had a child, we will continue to be loving and devoted to each other. I began thinking that the Lord was taking me to the U.S so that I will be able to get better medical treatment...I began to look into such options as checking if the health insurance will cover the treatments...but all along I was praying that God will not fail me or put me to shame in the eyes of unbelievers and naysayers. There were days when I was on a spiritual high and there were days when I was hitting rock bottom...my DH could not offer much from a spiritual standpoint but his love, and the prayerful support of my family and friends, kept me going.

We got our visa and our tickets were booked. I was in Chennai spending time with family. I remember booking my tickets for Dec 16th because I anticipated my period on Dec 9th and I wanted get it over with before I traveled! I was busy with moving and packing...and I suddenly realized it was the 9th and I still hadn't got my AF. Luckily I had one pregnancy test
    left from all the stuff I shifted from Bangalore...on a whim (because I did not want to waste the test!) I took the test....and got a positive! It was my first positive pregnancy test in 2 years of TTC! I simply could not believe my eyes because it was TOO good to be true...as I started crying and thanking God I realized how faithful He was to me, even though I was doubtful and even faithless at times.

We were elated but too scared to break the news to loved ones. We had gone through so many disappointments that we wanted to get the pregnancy confirmed medically before announcing it. A week later I traveled to Boston with my DH...unfortunately, on the day I left Chennai I began to spot...I
    spotted for almost 10 days after that and was almost beginning to think I was losing the baby. To add to the trauma was the inability to see a doctor without an insurance! Some of them wouldn't even give me an appointment for a blood test while others said it would cost a lot without insurance. I decided to wait on the Lord and trust Him...I kept holding on to Jeremiah
    29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".
    I knew God was FOR me and not against me and that He who has led me this far will not forsake me in the end.

We finally got our insurance a couple of weeks ago and tested for pregancy...got a confirmation. I went for my first ultrasound a couple of days ago and saw our baby for the first time! What a joy it was to see the strong heartbeat!

I don't know what tough situation you are going through...maybe you are struggling with infertility, the way we did. Or it may be something that is causing you to be fearful and hopeless. I want you to know that there is a God who cares and He wants the very best for us. His answer may not always be the same as we want...sometimes it may be a NO,
    sometimes a YES, and sometimes a WAIT. Whatever it is, one thing I know for sure - the righteous (those who are in right standing with God) will NEVER be forsaken!

"The salvation of the righteous comes from the LORD;
    he is their stronghold in time of trouble.
    The LORD helps them and delivers them;
    he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,
    because they take refuge in him" (Psalm 37:39-40)

I praise God for giving me an opportunity to witness for Him. I thank God for turning my mourning into dancing, for giving beauty for my ashes, and for putting a song of praise on my lips! I give all glory, all honor, and all power to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I ask that you uphold me in your prayers...pray that I will have a safe and healthy pregnancy and that our little one will be consecrated for the Lord even in my womb!

Carol

10. fiona

fiona Bronze IL'ite

WOW! Carol, I have been through this situation and know how it feels. We had been ttc for 3 yrs after marraige, took treatments for the same, but nothing happened,finally went to DRC . things began to change for good . we surrendered our situation into Jesus's hands . and within a yrs time i conceived. We are blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby boy whom we have named Jaeden meaning Jehova has heard. To Jesus our God we give all the glory.
    lastly Carol, congratulations on your pregnancy, and i pray that u have a healthy and safe pregnancy.
    PRAISE THE LORD