1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed on jewels for Engagement

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by b1985, Feb 8, 2012.

1. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I need advice on what to wear for my engagement.... i want to look simple and elegant... should i go for simple matching jewels from jhil mil or sumting of that kind (or) wear my gold jewels itself (or) rent matching jewels... but the rental ones are too decorative :hide: i think i can use them for my reception... am so confused on this... with jus 2 weeks left for my engagement.. i am still not out of this confusion... pls help and advice...

The engagement is going to be happng in a small hall with max gathering of 60 to 70 ppl.... Photo and Video will also be there...i have booked my parlour for makeup...but not on my jewels :bonk..kindly advice:drowning

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Congrats! If you hire jewels then you use them only once , whereas if you buy ornate stuff and then you are not able to use it , what is the point? What you wear for the engagement, can you wear it again for the wedding too, except maybe bangles? You can use artificial, costume jewellery for the function now and bring out gold for the wedding. Think and decide!

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I would suggest to go for rental jewellery. That way you would have lot of options to choose from and you can achieve the look you want: either simple or bejewelled :)

Buying heavy jewellery for wedding is a waste IMO as they just sit in the locker for years and can be worn only when there is a wedding of close relatives. Instead you can go for multiple simple sets which you can wear often.

4. nithyanaga

nithyanaga Bronze IL'ite

hi congrats!!!!

usually we select dark color sarees for mrg,engagement,recptn etc... matching jewels r not that much suitable for dark drs..try to choose gold jwl for engGEMENT.
    and pearl set also looking good. but it gives rich look.. so pearl is preferable for mrg
    and if you want more glittering grand look, u will go for white stone jewels,it gives also rich look
    and according to me, matching or color stone set is not good for photos..

5. divyasocute

divyasocute New IL'ite

Hi
    Congrats for your eng... It depends on the saree if your saree is designer one with stone, mirror work then go for matching neckpiece with earing here the saree will look rich and it does not require more jewels... if it is traditional pattu saree get simple white stone jewels or saree color matching stone jewel for rent...(because i used the same for my engagement) dont forget to wear matching bangle atleast 1 dozen in both hand it will add beauty.

6. b1985

b1985 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot ladies for all your suggestions ... :) .. i will try to rent a simple matching coloured set for my Saree... since it has got stone works on it.... :) :) thanks again