Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 1)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Ami, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Geetha,
    Remembering things is a boon as well as a "bane" for obvious reasons !
    I make gashi a little loose. It is your choice.
    I am a great fan & user for karamani. It is a must for olan. I also use it for kootus in place of tur dhal besides jaggery sundal, which, I think is a lovely "country sweet" !
    Just lightly dry roast & keep. It keeps well.
    Well, in view of your "special condiion", I am posting the second diet-kootu in the next few mts ! Just now, I made it with brinjal !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Chithra
    Today i made chakkarai pongal. When everyone here are saying and trying all the fancier items, you might wonder why I am even bothering to post this. But to me its a big deal. I have never ever been confident of trying sweets so always get off without doing in larger quantities especially for outsiders. Today at the last minute someone dropped of from the pongal gettogether so I had to step in. So I rushed to the computer took print out of recipe went to buy items and completed in record time. My dearest husband who rarely touches any sweet dish, ate a cup full. He said it was the best. felt so good and ofcourse we both thanked you. I did not even have time to put the karpuram or raisins just added cashews. I too liked it a lot. thanks for giving me the confidence of trying sweet recipes. Tomorrow will try whole moong kootu.

3. Chitvish

My sweet AC,
    Your sakkaraipongal FB is so sweet - so this adjective today !
    This is one of the easiest sweet dishes to start with.But, next time, do not miss out on pachai karpuram & nutmeg powder. They give that "extra edge" in taste.
    Moong kootu is very filling & delicious. Visit this forum atleast to post me a FB, after trying it !
    Thanks, thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Seetha3

Seetha3 Senior IL'ite

Choc chip cookies

Dear Chitraji:

I tried choc chip cookies and they came out well. I have a doubt in the shrewsberry biscuits. You have mentioned 1 3/4 cup flour (8 ounces) I am a little confused. Pls clarify. I want to try all your cookies recipes.

Thanks

Seetha

5. Chitvish

Dear Seetha,
    Wherever I have given by weights, please go by that. In some foreign recipes, cups are confusing.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

I have a doubt...

Hello Mami,
    I am planning to try sambhar vadai today, and was reading ur recipe. Don't we need small onions as a "thaan" in the sambhar at all? Will it only be used in the paste?

bye,
    nithya

7. Chitvish

Re: I have a doubt...

Dear Nithya,
    No "thaan" is necessary. Only the gravy is required for immersing the vadais !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami.....

Yesterday I made oats upma.....It was very very tasty......
    Though we had it with chutney.........I think we can eat it without any side dish.
    As usual I tried in little amount......I sure will make it often...its quite easy and quick to make...and quicker to finish eating it....:queen

Thanks ....

9. Chitvish

Dear Saraswathi,
    Yes, making Oats upma takes more time than eating it - it just glides down our throat !:drool
    You know what I like best with upma & pongal? Hold you breath - sugar !! Please don't laugh !
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello mami,
    Made sambhar vadai and thayir vadai. Both were awesome! The sambhar flavour was out of the world. Decorated with coriander, chopped onions and some oma podi..:) Thayir vadai was also excellent. No matter how awesome sambhar vadai is, I am biased towards thayir vadai.. Even though it doesnt involve as much work and stuff, the taste is unbeatable!

Coincidentally my mom was planning for the same menu at home, and I sent her links to your recipes. Heard that her versions were also awesome, which is expected anyway!:) The sambhar flavour is the same as arachi vitta sambhar that my mom makes, and we all love it.

Thanks,
    Nithya

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.