1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hyperactive 15months girl

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by omnam, Nov 29, 2011.

1. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

My baby girl is 15months old. She veryyy hyperactive...she claims everything possible, dont eat properly , shouts, hits, cranky, laughs loudly too.

Last week i went to native where my cousin's son (5months elder to my kid) is listening what his mom says but i was not able to catch my kid. She was not eating anything, only on milk, running all around, playing with toys, stools, chairs, claiming tables, beds, even walls, shouting, crying if I catch her to eat or something, then hitting, not sleeping. i felt embarassed of her roudism.

In short, she is not at all disciplined.

How to deal with her?

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Omnam,

Try to reduce the salt and sugar quantity in her foods. And also try to give her variety of foods. Never force her to eat. Stop when she says no.

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Anisu for your reply.

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

OP,
    not all kids are same u know. My daughter is a "pukka gunda" at home. But outside she is so disciplined! her playschool miss goes gaga over her perfect behaviour! sigh! its not the same at home.
    I think temper tantrums, fuss over food are all common in toddlers. Then ofcourse there are those who are perfectly silent and disciplined!
    Maybe ask her what she wants to eat. Make a weekly menu... maybe she is not interested in the food given but might be in something else?
    I have a planned menu for dinner for DD, every wk. lunch is mostly what we eat.Well some parents would opine that letting the kid watch tv isnt a good idea. it works for us... see what works for u. honestly- to each his own :)

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

Also a lot of times, i make her help me to cook her meal. Like making her own sandwich/putting stuff on her pizza base/ baking cakes with me.
    Urs might be too young, but as she grows involve her in your kitchen practices, they love it!

6. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

Loonypooh I like ur tagline very much. Its nice :)