Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenfir

jenfir New IL'ite

Iam So Happy

Hello

Iam New for this and iam so Happy to share all with u Like a REAL Family

Bye

Jan

2. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Re: Iam So Happy

Dear most Jan ma'am,

A very hearty and warm welcome to you on behalf of our well and closely knit IL community. You can introduce yourself here so that our interaction can be rooted deeper.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/11836-who-am-i.html

The following link will definitely help you to be an integral part of this community ma'am.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/3447-new-comer-indusladies-tips-you.html

<table id="ctl00_MainCPH_CardOrderDetails_tblCurrentVerse" style="display: none; margin-top: 2px; width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="padding: 0px 3px; background: Black none repeat scroll 0% 50%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; font-size: 11px; color: White; font-family: Arial; height: 30px;" align="left" valign="middle"> Verse XC234 - You may select a different verse using the drop-down shown to the right
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- Front Card View Start --> [​IMG]

Regards
    RamyaVaradharajan

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: Who am I?

Hi Anju, Neha, Chitra,, Kala, Arlette, and Jenfir

A warm welcome to IL to all of you. Please do write more about yourself girls. You have kept your intro very brief. We look forward to hearing more about you all , and also to see all of you interacting in all the forums actively.

Vandhana

4. SudhaDas

SudhaDas New IL'ite

Hi ...i am new to US

Hello ,

I am Sudha. I have been a silent reader of all the posts so far andi now i definetely need some tips. It been just a month since we landed in US. I am on H4 and know well that i cannot work. Back home in India i was into marketing and sales. I was always on my toes always . Here it looks like my life is confined to 4 walls. i feel totally tied up.Some of my friends have asked me to apply for H1 or EAD. I know it too early for me apply for these. How long should i wait to apply and how can i make myself productive until then? Social Service is one option...but i dont know if i can commit myself on a full scale(having a family ). I have plans of starting a tiffin service some time later ....not as a full time business but when ever required. Do u think it will work out? have anybody done this or doing it currently. What are the pros and cons. Most of all are there any risks involved? i will be glad if u could pour in ur thoughts.
    Waiting to hear from u.

Thanks
    Sudha

5. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

Hello everyone,
    Wishing everyone a very happy new year!
    I'm Bhagirathi, from Tamil nadu. I did my undergraduation in Chennai and am here for my PG in life sciences.
    I have been living in the US for the past three years but came upon this forum only very recently thanks to Google search. I have been browsing through the contents and am particularly impressed by the mix of wisdom and youthfulness. It sure does bring back hometown memories and it makes me feel less homesick.
    I hope to get to know you all better and have a good time learning new things here.
    Thanks and Regards
    Bhagirathi

6. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hello Bhagirathi

:welcome to IL. Happy New year to you too. Enjoy this site and have fun. How do you like US? I had been to Florida about three years ago. I live in Europe.
    Have a nice day.

Best wishes from Nirmala

7. Riz1

Riz1 New IL'ite

Re: Just Joined!!!1

HI ARLETTE,

My name is Rizwana and i live in New Hampshire USA, We are having quite cold weather with lots of snow storms , I am from Indore and have been in USA for 10 yrs i work in finance and my husband is in IT , How is goa , every time i go to india i want to go to goa but it never happens

Keep writing

8. bhagirathi

bhagirathi New IL'ite

That was a very quick welcome :) Thanks very much!

Life in the USA is quite good, since I'm living by myself, gets boring at times.
    Thanks again and see you around here :)

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Sudha,

Welcome to IL. Can understand the situation you are in now. Been there and done that. Do look into our Forum for H4 ladies. Am sure you will get lots of information from there. Volunteer Work is nice. You can set your own times and days for this. Not sure if you have kids ? But you could volunteer at your local hospital or Senior center ...
    As for starting a Home catering business, nice to do, but it takes time to establish clientale and also you need to look into your states food regulation laws and stuff if you want to go by the book. Do post in the Entrepreneurship forums so you will get more guidance on this topic.
    Look to seeing you more often here.

Vandhana

Hi Bhagirathi,
    Nice to read about you. And glad that you enjoyed IL enough to join here. Look forward to reading you views about all the topics here in this forum. As a PG student am sure you must be pretty busy, but do peep in and post as time permits.

Vandhana

10. Malathi1

Malathi1 New IL'ite

Hello IL Friends!
    Let me start off by saying THANK GOD for Indus ladies, for YOU are a WONDERFUL BUNCH of great people, good, warm friends. I am a new comer having joined you all only a few days ago.

I was born and raised in New Delhi, India and my mother tongue is Tamil. I am a linguist and am proficient in Hindi, English, German [Intermediate level] and Farsi [Basic level]. I can understand spoken Thai having lived in Thailand. I have also studied Sanskrit and converse in it with my dad when I was growing up. I had six brothers and three sisters but now just five of the brothers are living and the middle two sisters are gone. we are a close-knit loving family and I married into a similar family. I have two brothers in law and one of two sisters in law remaining. My husband and I are the youngest in our respective families. My wonderful parents and parents in law are unfortunately long gone. However, I had had my mother-in-law come and live with us here in the U.S. for a period of six [not too easy] years prior to her demise a few years ago, just so my growing children could get a first-hand look at orthodoxy and traditional Indian living and I think that was a good thing I did.

I have a Master's degree in Library & Information Science, and two Leadership training plaques from the U.S. Govt: One in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's year-long Women's Executive Leadership Program [1996] and the other from the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs Leadership Development Institute [2007]. I work as a Medical Librarian in the VA System currently but have enjoyed dual careers of librarianship [1980-89; 2001-Present] & U.S. Foreign Service [1989-99], where I served as South Asia expert in Media and Open Source Publications. I have travelled widely having visited Thailand & the S.East Asian region & India for work, and Mexico, Australia and Argentina for pleasure. My travel to Alaska is unforgettable especially going to visit a modern day hunter in the Arctic Circle!

My hobbies are many-I read in subjects I haven't learned and I read the scriptures of Hinduism as well as other faiths. I draw and paint when I get time and I am trained in carnatic Music and do sing well. I learned Veena by myself and can play some geethams and may be one varnam. I also knit. I have participated in all of the school annual function variety entertainment programs in my childhood, especially in dances as the lead character-I love drama!

I am married to my wonderful husband of 40 years who is a biochemist and he heads biomedical research at the Dept. of VA. My son has his own entertainment company and is an expert gamer. He is getting into joint ventures with India. His company is called Brilliant Entertainment-check it out on the web!. His accomplishments are many and one day soon he will be well known on his own. He has a 9 year old son who is rated a genius based on IQ tests. If I sound like I am bragging, please forgive me-I am simply stating facts, they just happen to be about people very close to me. They are my inspiration!
    There is one unfortunate thing about my son-his marriage to a western woman was in haste and because of inadequacies and lack of preparation in both it ended up in a divorce but they are on friendly terms and raise their son well. She has since re-married and my son will, once he is able to completely heal.
    My daughter is happily married also to a western man, an electronics engineer by profession, and is in the third year of residency in Internal Medicine Program. They have four lovely children, one daughter 12, and three sons aged 9, 6 & 3 respectively. They are also model parents.

I like sincerity and loathe cunningness. I am very forgiving. I do not like people who shout.
    I just wish there were no wars. I know that is probably not going to happen in our lifetime but still hope and pray for it to happen.

I think since we ladies like to talk, voice our opinions, chat and advice, etc., etc., but men do not [generally] like to talk just like that-[there has to be a purpose to the talk-say something to a man and he immediately starts solving the problem where you didn't even think there was one!], Indus ladies really serves the purpose of being that friendly next door neighbor, that caring older sister, that mother you miss or that close friend to whom you could tell anything and still you remained the same at anytime! I love this community for the friendliness and accessibility and most of all because I am able to be myself and in fact enjoy it.
    Love
    Malathi

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.