1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentine day special

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 13, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I slept and dreamt that life was beauty. I woke and found that life was duty.
    Was my dream then a shadowy lie? Toil on poor heart, unceasingly.
    And thou shall find they dream to be a truth and noonday light to thee

Purity of heart springs from desirelessness . He has no grief who has no desires.
    My husband is a person who has no desires. His heart is always pure and always willing to help others. Where as I am just the opposite, I had and have many desires but I am pure at heart.. Before marriage whatever I wished for mostly I got it and since my brothers and sister were elder to me I had no responsibility.
    So I used to enjoy life though there were some sad days. I was a free bird before marriage and we were a small family

Once you accept someone for who and what they really are, they will surprise you by being better than you ever expected. Love is loving/accepting a person with all his/her strength and weaknesses.

When I got married my life became totally different. There were many responsibilities. I was the second eldest daughter in law as my brother in law did not get married. My husband was very strict and economic. My husband had eight sisters and three brothers. Only one brother and one sister had to be married, rest all were married.

Any function everyone will come and the members of the family itself was enough to celebrate.
    My mother in law had trained everyone, the sons and daughters in cooking , so theynever used to keep cook for any function. Those days no mixies everything was on attukkal (grinding stone).
    Each one will do different jobs. I was not so good in cooking, later I learnt from my husband.
    Since I was working and my mother and grandmother were there to do the cooking I never took so much liking incooking. I never knew that I will be married to a family where everyone will be experts in cooking. But my sisters in law and brothers in law were very good with me. My husband was a gem of a person but he was short tempered. In the beginning I used to ge scared to talk to him. Though I was born in Kerala I was brought up in Hyderabad. So I did not know Malayalam.
    In my in law’s house their tamil was typical kerala tamil sometimes some words I never used to understand. Later I learnt.

In the beginning when I got married , my brother in law, two nephes , my husband and myself used to stay. I was also working. When I used to come home my brother in law andnephews usedto be in the kitchen making dinner. I used to feel odd in the beginning but later became used to it.
    When I delivered also they only helped me.

Later my brother I law got married and he stayed separate. Both my husband’s nephews also got jobs in different places and stayed separately. We also shifted with our children from thathouse.

My husband used to go to office early by 7 and reach by 4.30 p.m. and I used to go by 7.30 a.m. and reach home by 6.00 p.m. I used to travel by train. Everyday my husbandused to bring my 3 chidlren to the station in the evening and we used to come home together. My husband used to help me in cooking etc. Since he was economic , he never used to spend money unnecessarily. The children were also taught to eat whatever is available. We used to celebrate their birthdays by buying cake and inviting only our close relatives.

Later my children got married and settled in different places. Now only two of us are there and enjoying our retired life. Now my husband is busy in social work. They have a Brahman Seva Samithi , where themembers go to help people when someone dies in their family, right from getting the death certificate, arranging whatever necessary atthat time. They have a site also where the rites from 9 to 12 day is performed. Since he is busy in social work , I don’t go out much, only to functions with him and to temple with him. Whereever we go we go together. Some people say we are Parvath and Parameswaran. He is Parameswaran no doubt , as his name is Parameswaran, named after his grandfather and I don’t know whether I am Parvathy. Till now our life has been very good and I think I have been dutiful to him.

For valentine’s day I just wanted to write about how our married life in short. Hope you all enjoyed reading it.

Love, trust, togetherness, faith ,commitment and a true sense of belonging. This is what we experienced which made a truly beautiful and mutually fulfilling marriage.

Happy Valentine’s day

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012

2. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Very well said vijima..
    Your narration is awesome..!! God bless you both.. !

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabari dear thanks for reviving this thread and glad you liked the narration and thanks for the wishes

4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Well said Vijima.

Once you accept someone for who and what they really are, they will surprise you by being better than you ever expected. Love is loving/accepting a person with all his/her strength and weaknesses.

I liked it most and it is absolutely true. Woman's life changes totally after marriage adding up new responsibilities with so many adjustments to be made with the new family members and new lifestyle and new environment but when we develop love in what we do or adjust, it won't be a burden or tough for us and we will definitely be liking this new journey of ours with more energy and enjoy our life.

Latha.

Latha.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabari dear thanks for reviving my thread and glad yu liked the thread, thanks for you rwishes

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Latha dear thanks for your loving message