1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Biscuits for 4 months baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by wazap, Jan 3, 2012.

1. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My baby is 4 months old and i started giving her Cerelac rice and lactogen for past few weeks.. along with that w gave mashed banana and apple one time per day... she is having loose motion for past few days... is it b'coz of Lactogen or Cerelac ?? I tested mashed apple and banana for few days and it didnt upset her tummy but i doubt on cerelac and lactogen for her loose motions... any experience?
    i wanna give some biscuit to her mixed in milk.. but confused what biscuit to get.. can i give some Ragi or Oats biscuits? plz suggest me some..
    also plz suggest me what else i can feed her since she is starting her 5th month now.. from birth til now i give her my breast milk as first and then since its not enough for her i give her fresh cow's milk(with water added) .. few backs back only some of our friend said i should not give her cow's milk so we reduced cow's milk and added lactogen n cerelac but looks like its upsetting her tummy now.. right now she has cold also along with loose motion.. we gave her tulasi charu few drops in milk and its kind of ok now... need ur advice ladies...

2. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

when can i give her mashed Idli, rice n dal.... ??? i'm gonna try mashed carrot and mashed potato one by one from tomorrow... can i give her some warm water to drink if she has cold or constipation??

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. wazap

wazap Junior IL'ite

no one replied? :(

4. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

4 months is a little early to start solids. I dont recommend tulasi drops/home made remedy for cold(consult ur pead). Cold some some times may cause loose motion or the food you give may not be tolerated by baby yet.
    I did not even give water for LO till she was 6 moths old. I would suggest u put her on food like cerelac and mashed potato till she completes 6 months. At 7 months u can introduce food like idli/dosa/upma/pongal

5. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi OP

Didnt see your post earlier...

Yes I agree with Shilpa, 4 months is early for solids..

She is not able to digest different types of food at a time...thats why Doctors advice to introduce 1 by 1 , not like today 1 new and tomorrow another new!!
    Start 1 food, wait for at least a week to see the baby's response, then next week start another one....No need to give carrot, potato now...the baby cant digest..I had started carrot when my baby was 6 months, still he could nt digest, the motion used to come containing all carrots..so I stopped...again started after some months...

Cerelac/lactogen is OK now...Are u giving cerelac with milk??It may cause loose motion...Give according to the proper proportion... since the baby is too small, a wrong proportion will cause loose motion...dont give those Tulsi stuffs now..If any health issue, go to the doctor immediately..

Ya, coming to the biscuit part, better u start this after 1 month...Go for Arrarot biscuits/Glucose biscuits...I used to make a paste of milk, 2 arrarot biscuits(Marigold) and 3 glucose biscuits...u can increase the amount as she grows...This biscuit thing was advised by my doctor, so u can go for it...