My very own export business. Need guidance

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by shalsraaj, Dec 29, 2011.

1. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I have finally decided on to try out the export business. I have got sources of buyers and sellers by other means. All I need to know is how to proceed on with the export trading license and is it mandatory to register the company name before applying for license. What are the pre requisites for license. I am looking to export frozen foods.
    Your feedback is highly appreciated.

2. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

I am still looking out for replies folks.

3. kayalsiva

kayalsiva Senior IL'ite

hi shalsraaj,
    i would suggest you to look for an auditor or a lawyer or your bank manager in this issues ,they will help you to proceed how to get your TIN number,IE licence and your PAN card.

4. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Shalsraj,

I am not an expert, but have been working for a export firm for many years now. You need to register your company. Then apply for an IEC code. You need to register your company with JDGFT. These 2 certificates are compulsory if you need to export. You should be aware that you get subidiary from the Govt. if you are an exporter. You need to have an current account with a bank in your Companies name so that when you receive cash for your export you need to provide documents to your bank to show that this has come against the export.

Of course you need to get an expert advice. Curious to know what are you planning to export

Regards
    Uma

5. sharm1411

sharm1411 Junior IL'ite

Hi shalsraaj,
    Im an exporter who got already got my License.

* Design Business Letter (letter pad), Properator, and address seal of you company.

* Register you company name in ssi. For existing company fill EM part-II or new EM part -1 application and get the print out. [http://www.msmeonline.tn.gov.in/msme_partI/msmefiling.php]

* Open current account in any bank.
    (For opening current account you need that ssi registration. Axis bank only accepting these temporary registration. Other banks require more registration documentation like your company existence certificate from VO etc..)

* Once current account activated get bank manger certificate along with his manager code for the existence of you account

* Get IE code application from online fill up without any correction with your company seal on every page.

* Send it to shastri bhavan. If the application duly filled and with proper documention your license will be sanctioned in 15 to 20 days

For further help PM me

6. ashobiz

ashobiz New IL'ite

Export business is not simple thing... you need to register a company, create a bank account for your company, have a lawyer, auditor, etc.,my advice is don't go directly by yourself, i you don't have much experience... there are lots of exporting companies, you can start with them....

7. shalsraaj

shalsraaj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kayal, uma, sharm1411 and ashobiz.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with other things. Dit login IL for sometime.

Thanks a lot

8. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Hey Shalini, I am in Singapore, and here the market for food products is immense. Kindly let me know if you need any help.

Thanks

9. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

hi shalini,
    i am at dubai here the market for frozen stuffs is gr8 pls do let me know the products when you start.i will be interested in joining you here from dubai..

10. sandrass

sandrass New IL'ite

hiii....
    me too interested in this business...Please let me know how ur business goes on..