1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am addicted to close friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 11, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

“You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.”
    ― C. JoyBell C.

Friends do not know whether this post of mine is good to read but I always get an urge to post something and feel happy to read the fbs. That way I feel I can keep in touch with my friends. Sometimes something is in my mind but I am not able to convey it properly. I take the help of quotes to convey what is in my mind. Thanks to google which helps me to convey my feelings

In my experience with some people I become so close that I expect a lot of affection from them and if I dont get I feel lost. I dont meet them everyday but they are always in my heart . I know that when you expect something you wont get it. Like a small child I want them to be more close only with me and always shower their affection. I know Its not a good thought but what to do I am made like that. My grand daughter is also like me only she wants her parents to show affection only to her and not to others. If my daughter or son in laws helps me out in anything she does not like because she is very possessive of them.

To hear what is unspoken,
    To see what is invisible,
    To feel without even touching…
    Is the miracle called “friends

In the modern world we get addicted to computers. A good friend is also like a computer. They enter our life, we save them in our heart, format our problems, shift them to opportunities and never delete them from memory

1 person likes this.

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,

I do know that you have a lot of close friends and you miss them if they dont give you a Fb.:) a good addiction only..enjoy yourself without feeling low if you don't hear from them.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear you made my day by your first fb. You know you are also very close to my heart even though we are miles apart.

4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Nice post. It is good to have many friends, doctors say. It is healthy for good mind itseems.

But I dont know if " Addiction" is good ! :)...because there will become too much dependence and lot of expectations. If there is so much dependence, we will only suffer disappointments even if a friend , even without intention, is a little bit negligent also.

1 person likes this.
  5. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Very True Vijima,

I this heard somewhere 'the greater the love, the greater the risk of hurt'.
    But guess it is worth the risk :)

1 person likes this.
  6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear vijima,
    It was nice to read your post... I have been quite busy these days so unable to keep tab of many things.. I must have missed many of your posts...
    What I like about this post is the honesty with which you have written your views :)
    Keep sharing them!

1 person likes this.
  7. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

vijima, nice to know that you have many close friends... Addiction to them to some extent is ok...but we should not get affected by them... Hope god showers you with many more good people around you!!
    o hear what is unspoken,
    To see what is invisible,
    To feel without even touching…
    Is the miracle called “friends
    Liked these lines very much... by the way, it was a nice post!!

1 person likes this.
  8. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

vijima,
    true when we expect our close ones to respond in some way and they dont respond as we think, we feel very bad..this is natural and dont call it addiction..it is human tendancy to expect from people we like

1 person likes this.
  9. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Very nice one Vijima. The quotes you choose are apt to your write ups and summing up the points. I am like you too Vijima, I keep my good friends close to my heart.
    Nice one... :)

ILT

1 person likes this.
  10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    I have started my day by reading your post today and you know I felt so happy. Really true Vijima, when we feel close to someone, we expect to be more and more closer to them all the time and our expectations go on increasing without any end. But we definitely have to keep a track on our feelings and give a break to our expectations inorder to hurt our loved ones and ourselves.
    Nice quotes Vijima. Enjoyed a lot reading your post.
    Hope you add up more and more friends in your list and wish you won't feel like missing anyone as one or the other will be there to relieve you whenever you feel like you are not getting enough from someone else. Whether anyone of your friends get to your expectations or not, your computer and all the ILites here will definitely try to please you, share you and reach your expectations.
    Have a nice day Vijima.

Latha.

1 person likes this.