1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is waxing safe and painless?

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by malathiek, Dec 24, 2010.

1. malathiek

malathiek New IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I tried shaving in vaginal area but i am scared that i my get hurt. Various websites suggest that waxing is the effective method to remove hair and preventing ingrown hairs. can anyone please tell me how to do waxing in home and will it be painful and is it safe to follow? please help!

with eagerness,
    malathiek:help:help

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

This is called Brazilian waxing and it is supposed to hurt the worst of all waxing. My sincere advice? Don't do it. At least not by yourself. Find a professional with excellent ratings for a Brazilian. I've only heard of it, so cannot give you further information.

That said, if not done well, waxing can cause horrid ingrowns, worse than shaving, I think.

No waxing is painless. You're pulling out hair by its root. How painless can that be? Don't believe anyone who tells you they can do it without pain. In fact, I would be wary of such claims.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

yes,

Waxing is the best option for Pub*** area. I am doing it, but I don't go for parlours or buy store wax cream. Just prepare sugar waxing at my home, I used to buy 1 meter cotton cloth, then Ice cream stick. It's really easy to wax for yourself.:)

4. geethakrishna

geethakrishna Senior IL'ite

Hi dear,

Ya Waxing is a bit painful but you will get used to it. It will delay hair growth for a week or two and the next time hair growth is thin and waxing is less painful instead of shaving which involves cuts, thick hair growth and shaving after 2 to 3 days.

If you are scared of waxing you go for hair removing cream. apply in the area. wait for 10 minutes and wash. Its an easy way to remove hair.

Cheers

Geetha Krishna

5. Durgapriye

Durgapriye Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I heard hair removing creams are not safe for this area as it has chemicals are you sure?

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Malathiek / Durga,
    Hair removing creams are not to be used in the private area. Its only for arms,legs etc.Even for face its not recommended. Waxing is painful but it depends on your pain threshold. Now leg waxing is a breeze for me(havent tried brazillian yet). But have heard by time you will get used to the pain and also since the hair will be thinner and lesser than previous times it will be less painful.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  7. helpnguide

helpnguide New IL'ite

To remove unwanted hair is not just aesthetic, or social acceptance. "With the removal of unwanted hair is easier to keep that area of the body clean and sweat free, improve personal hygiene and to reduce skin infections. When your skills in terms of laser hair reduction, we can be sure an effective and safe process. To reduce unwanted hair in any body, any Hardly any pain or consumed in the pockets.

8. kaalspriya

kaalspriya New IL'ite

Hi maliniglow

How to prepare sugar wax at home.. giv the full details i lik to try at present i m using razor..

9. sangiak

sangiak Bronze IL'ite

hi malathiek and kaalspriya,
    Do not try all these new methods for shaving the vaginal area. Always, try to maintain light hair by just trimming the area. U can go for small scissors and do it once in 2 weeks (meaning twice a month). This is sufficient to maintain hygiene also in that area. Why do u want to keep it entirely hair free and super soft? (except if ur hubby or future would-be want it that way). Maintain a little hair after trimming it very short, which will not be irritating/uncomfortable to you.

Moreover, other methods also involve the risk of hurting ur vagina lips, inner folds, which obviously u or ur hubby wont like.

So, hope this is helpful.

sangiak

10. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Waxing is very safe. But never painless ! Grin and bear it .