1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visitors visa for parents of F1

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Jhilmil, May 4, 2011.

1. Jhilmil

Jhilmil New IL'ite

Hello
    I am a student on F1 since 2 years .My parents are applying for visitors visa. I read the documents needed . But there is one problem . I will not be able to give sponsorship letter since I am a student . I work on -campus part time and that salary is not enough to sponsor anyone . Finance is not a problem since my parents will be paying for their whole stay here . Can we tell the visa officer that they will pay for their stay or will he compulsorily ask for sponsorship letter? I have already sent an invitation letter to them .

Additional info : Both are working in India .Mother in govt service , father in private company. They have a house in their name .

My questions
    1) What will happen if they do not have a sponsorship letter ?
    2) Visitors visa is said to be 3 months to 10 years . For how much duration will they get it in this case ( since I am not on H1 ) ?
    3) Since they are both working , they will come for around 3 weeks . Should they tell the visa officer that ? Will that affect the duration of their visa ?

Thanks

2. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Your parents can self sponsor themselves. I think they need to show a bank balance of 5L or so

3. prettydolly

prettydolly New IL'ite

Hi Jhilmil,

Hope your parents got the visa...

can you please share the visa interview experience....?

Thanks

4. prettydolly

prettydolly New IL'ite

Hi All,

I would like to share with you all, that my parents visitor visa is approved...:)

Thanks