1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

wish to have long hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by gisjul, Dec 15, 2007.

1. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

i envy people with thick hair growth.. i dont have a thick hairgrowth... it is in the family.. my father has scanty hair... the hair follicle is thin ... if the hair falls it grows again but the growth and width of the hair is thin making it look scanty..

i cant grow my hair very long as if i tie a pony it looks very thin..
    even when the hair grows the shorter lengths frizzes up when i wash my hair.
    i wish to have long hair.. i keep combing my hair very delicately .. each time i comb my hair my heart breaks to see so many strands falling off.. my scalp is usually dry and hard..
    i put oils occassionally but avoid it since i go to office and i spend 10hrs in office sitting next to the AC.. i avoid conditioners as it is of no use i loose hair even with it though i try to avoid it on the scalp..

does anyone know what would be the best remedy to stop hairfall so i can grow atleat long..

2. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Gisjul,

First thing to do is not to worry about hair. Tension creates havoc with hair.

You need not apply oil to the hair, but you have to, to the scalp and the roots of the hair. What is your hair type? Is it normal, oily or dry?

If you can tell me that, I'll try to help you with your problem.

3. Priya2725

Priya2725 New IL'ite

Oh my god!!!
    Even I ve the same problem!!! I used to have a very thick and jet black hair but then due to greed for long hair I lost even what I had!!!!!
    I used a oil calle sisa or sesa whatever I forgot!!! ANd thatsit!!! everything was gone:(
    Please tell me some natural treatment to get it all back pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priya,

Sitting in the AC room dries up your hair. Do not use each and every oil each and everyone comes out with. First you have to find out to what type your hair belongs to, then act accordingly.

I have started blogging about hair care and remedies. Just go through and learn for yourself where you are going wrong and correct yourself.

I have also gone through these problems and tried lots and lots of methods everyone suggested, then I found a way out myself to get at least half the hair I had previously. If I can get my hair back in my fifties, anyone can. All the best

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  5. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

my face skin is sensitive.. my hair is dry.. hence it frizzess all the time.. i avoid tying a pony tail cause all the new hair growing again which is short frizzess out..
    i have got shoulder length hair hence i want it too be thick im tired of short hair cuts.
    Gis-L

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gis,

what you have to do is to massage a little coconut or olive oil in to your scalp daily. Just take one or two drops and massage into the scalp area and comb it out. If you can brush nicely will be very good.

Hair growth is very very slow. It'll grow only about a cm in a month for some. For some it may grow longer. So look after your hair. Once your hair loss stops it will start growing. Go through my post in the haircare blog and do accordingly. All the best

7. Prema40

Prema40 New IL'ite

Hi

Home care for thick hair could be a blend of almond oil and castor oil with coconut oil for your scalp massage. If your hair is not growing long, it means your scalp is not able to make the hair live and grow for a longer period. It could be an indication of nutrition defficiency, iron deficiency or the environment which is making it dry, breaking and unhealthy. Make a thorough study of your diet, habits etc and find out if you can live even more healthy and happy. Drink lot of water. Let me know if you need any more suggestions

Prema

8. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi gisjul,
    if you wish to have a strong hair,i suggest a method that will help you in a long process...you cannot immediately have a good hair that you know,but,let me say that every night,if you make curd everyday,then you can take a cup of warm milk separately,then add one spoon of curd to it(regular curd making process) and add fenugreek(methi) seeds(half spoon) and curry leaves(4to5) to it.morning if you see,a cup of curd will be ready with methi and curry leaves.. you can eat it in empty stomach..if you do this continuously and maintian your hair,you can definitely have atleast good hair growth...this is a natural method generally suggested for everyone as i tried and got results..good luck....
    ramya

9. Priya2725

Priya2725 New IL'ite

Thank u sooooo much...
    will go thru and see if i can gain atleast half of what i lost:(

10. RamyaParasuram

RamyaParasuram Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the tip.I will try it and post the results ....