Any tamilians?

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by mickeymini, Jun 30, 2010.

1. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hapy new year.. hows the festivities in brickfields.. we seldom visit there since we are allergic to the traffic and the distance...

however we never miss the diwali sale done there.. so its been 3 moths already.. how long have you been here..?

2. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hi..

Yeah I loved the diwali fun here..It was better than in chennai. We were literally roaming about until around 12.30.
    It was good.
    We moved here few days before diwali 2010. It'e been an year and I loved every minute of it.

I know it is quite cramped here in brickfields. I am constantly pestering my DH to find a house(not an apartment)so that I can enjoy the luxury of having my own garden and plants.
    he is scared of security issues and transport facilities for kids. Besides kids got friends here from school(GIIS) which is also walkable distance.

It is a convenient place but not peaceful..ah..the construction and the bl....dy drunkards shouting out absurds and fighting late at night...it is killing me..But then I got used to it :))
    So where are you staying and how long?

Is there any other Indian colonised area in KL that is not as cramped as brickfields and yet has LRT facility?:bonk

3. preethiitech

Yes, I too moved in here just a few months before you..:cheers

Brickfields is ideal for Indian people, shopping and fun, but the idea of permanently being there drives me crazy.... for the same reasons you mentioned.....

I agree that the apartments give you the best security and they take care of other issues as well.. Are you permanently settled here or just out for a project? If you are just for a few years for the project, then may be apartment idea works out best!! :coffee

This is asking for too much!! There is no such area available! :spin

4. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

lol..
    ok..ok..

I know! when I say to people that I live in brickfields they are like "really? how convenient?".
    I like it here no probs.
    And yes we might be here for some years may be more. This is not a short term move, but hey what can we plan about future? For expats like us anyday could be packup day..

5. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

Hi Iniya,

I am sashi , joined the group new and would be moving to KL in April..

we will be putting our kids in GIIS. I have a son and a daughter. how about u and how is the school..

which part of india r u from? I am from chennai.

we r confused as to whether to move to brick fields considering the school location. but reading ur post, I am really thinking twice..

anyway whether we will move to brickfields or not, my kids would be in GIIS and hence want to know more aboutt u and ur kids..

cheers,
    Sashi

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  6. preethiitech

hi sashi... welcome here..:welcome

brickfields is a nice place for school, work, public transport, lrt, indian shops, beauty parlours, apartments, indian society, tamil language (you need not bother to learn malay, the national language, if you are just here, everyone speaks tamil) , furnished apartments in good condition, security system of apartments, :2thumbsup:

if you just dont mind the crowd, traffic, no garden, less privacy in the apartments usually, and cannot shout out in tamil.... because everyone understands what you say...!:rotfl

Think well... Witsend and then make a good decision :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

hi Preethi,

thanks for the welcome..and the info as well...:cheers

ya, reading the forums I understand that Brickfield is typical chennai , with the advantages as well as vice versa.. so thinking still.:confused2:

anyway we will be having one month accommodation from the office and so we decided to come there and then look for house, after visiting bangsar as well as brickfields in person..

not sure whether u read my other msg..I wanted to get intro to u and now it happened:cheers:cheers..

oh I am slowly getting into the move mood.. I have so many friends here and cud not digest to part with them..but its high time now as I have to start packing, looking for schools and things in KL and Indus ladies has been a good start:)

I had a ladies nightout on sat and still very tired..still have lot of qns to post but will come back later..

thanks once again,
    sashi

8. preethiitech

:bowdown

must be tired, excited as well as sad moving away from friends.... :spin

But, life is to move on........ soon, you will go with the wind... Be Happy :cheers

9. sashikamal

sashikamal New IL'ite

thanks my dear..

ya life has to move on and we too..thats what life is teaching me all the time..:bowdown

still have more than a month to go but everyday one or the other friend is already crying and feeling sad..sometimes love and affection also becomes too heavy and unbearable:cry:

anyway coming back to my question session, will grinder and pressure cooker available there?? that too at a price more or less similar to India..I have one here but lot of demand for it frm friends due to its scarcity in shops here..

and what about TV channels.. will all the channels as in chennai will be available..(romba mukyamana kelviyannu ninakkalam)..but inge german channel pathu pathu romba kanji poi irukkom..adhan ketten..

cheers,
    sashi

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  10. preethiitech

hahhahaha...:rotfl romba thaan kaanju poitinga pola.......

Here, you will get almost everything that you get in Chennai from arisi, paruppu, grinder, mixie, cooker, even kuzhipaniyaram pan... vethalai, pakku, what not...........

ofcourse, the grinder, mixie are all comparable (just slightly higher than the Indian price), but worth buying since you need to think of the weight and transportation....... You would get few brands like premier, Prestige etc... in the Brickfields... and many more brands if you can travel to Klang(another Indian area)..

Just that rice, and dhal are expensive (compared to India), but its not much for a small family... and you get the same old 'english' vegetables.... and not many of our traditional ones....... if you are a non-veggie, you will have the best time here :cheers

Coming to TV, you will have 2 local tamil channels, makkal tv,(direct broadcast, no delay) , sun tv, chuti tv, sun music, and adhitya only.. and you have 3 local newspapers in tamil..

and all the serials will be broadcasted by 1 week delay.... (last week in India, is this week in Malaysia):bonk

The best possible that we do is watch everything online..... (suda-suda program pakalam..) the Internet is very good and has superb speed, that it just takes almost no time buffering....

:coffeesshhhh.. vera doubt yosichu kelunga, im gng to drink coffee...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012