Biotechnologists

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by saranya18, Mar 15, 2010.

1. saranya18

saranya18 New IL'ite

Hi friends
    I completed my ug in biotechnology and this site would help biotechnologist or life science( biochemistry , microbiology) students or those who work in this field to come together and share about our field( Higher studies , scopes in our field and careers).... hope v would get nice time here....
    And students who want any ebooks from our field can ask me wit name and author of the book.. i wil try 2 give my level best....:thumbsup

2. Meharnisa

Meharnisa Silver IL'ite

Dear Saranya,

I completed M.Sc.Bioinformatics.You can try for M.Sc.Biotechnology/M.Sc.Bioinformatics.You can find lots of jobs in Banglore for Biotechnology/Bioinformatics.

Please dont come to any gulf countries with this great degree.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  3. saranya18

saranya18 New IL'ite

Hi madam
    I complted my B.Tech biotech and in confusion to do job or M.Tech.... If u know any details can u kindly guide me mam...

4. Meharnisa

Meharnisa Silver IL'ite

Dear Saran,
    Dont call me mam.Call me by using my name.

Saran,
    You & my brother are travelling in same boat.My brother completed B.Tech .Biotechnology.He is planning to do M.Tech.Biotechnology or Nanotechnology.If you need details i will ask him.

5. Pankajini

Pankajini Senior IL'ite

Hi Saranya,

In the ever changing field of Science, biotechnology holds a vital position in bringing about these changes...I appreciate your willingness to further grow in this field.

In Science, academic exposure means a lot and students try to achieve more accomplishment by pursuing PhD. Higher studies will provide you with foundation for critical thinking which is essential for research. Therefore I would suggest you go for M.Sc in biotechnology, rather MS from international schools. As you have laid out a good platform by doing B.tec, finding an admission in good graduate program is easier.

Choosing a field of study should be one in which you have interest, like if you are fascinated about simple living organism then microbiology will be great or else if you like the complexities of life, physiology will be of good option. Growing need of potential drugs has made pharmacology, biotechnology, pharmaceutics, toxicology, bioanalytical sciences and medicinal chemistry prime area of research. Therefore education in any of these fields will make you a more desired candidate in near future.

Hope this information help you focus in your need for continuing education or taking up career. :thumbsup

Cheers Pankajini :cheers

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

It all depends on what you want to do. If you are of an academic bent of mind, the road is clear. Masters, Ph.D., Postdoc and researchand teaching. Not much money but lot of personal satisfaction.
    Do M.Tech, join a biotech firm in the prod. Dev. or R&D.
    Take a job in biotech firm right away in production, marketing or whatever and do an MTech part time later.

With a BTech one can go to a foreign university and do further studies there in any of the bio fields with a scholarship.

Arunadhri

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  7. Haric

Haric New IL'ite

A biotechnologist can advance beyond performing research and developing products and methods.He or she may work as a biotechnology investigator and ensure companies are following safety and health regulations.:drowning

8. priyajanaki

priyajanaki New IL'ite

hai im doing my btech bt but im confused about its oppurtunities
    and any one guide me out of it.......:hide:

9. ummaysalma

ummaysalma New IL'ite

hii frns i am salma., i have completed my M.sc in biotechnology and now i am in usa with my husband on my l2..and i am in search of job here ..but i am unable to get a job here so if anyone of you can help me by giving some information how to get a job here... or any genuine online work ..
    thankyou
    salma

10. juliana123

juliana123 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Do any of you have masters in biotech and found a job in USA, if so can you please share about how to managed to get your job, any networks that you used , if it was your first job in US ???
    any social contacts helped you in finding the right job ?
    any inputs ??
    Please help.
    Did any of manage to get a job in H1B ?