June 2011 moms

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by akijay, Oct 25, 2010.

1. akijay

akijay Bronze IL'ite

Latha,
    What can I say?he did..but again it's been 2 days now...I stopped cereal now and giving him rice,dhal,veggies with a drop ghee at morning..and fruits in the night..rest of the time I feed him...got dried prunes from market today..if he doesn't poop in another day or two thinking of making a purée of the prunes..prunes helped him the last time?.i give him warm water too..

2. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    Hope all of you and LO's are doing good.
    Bril- how is life now that you are back to work? Take care of yourself too well as life will be hectic now.The feeding bottle with spoon is very useful for me also. Raksha likes the fast flow but still she stops showing interest in few minutes and does not eat anything further.I have started with Cow's milk for Raksha. Her paed asked me to start it once the formula gets completed. She refused it completely in the first day, she is slowing taking it for the past 2 days. I asked him if it wouldn't be too much for her to digest - paed said not to worry and she is ready to digest normal food now.
    Ramya Ramani- glad to hear Shayna is getting settled down there. Enjoy your family get together and gossips :) All the best to manage time and stay with IL's , it would be tough sometimes when they come up with suggestions that will not work out , but you listen and dont take it to heart. Here my MIL tells me not to give her bath everyday and just wipe her with warm water and bathing every 2-3 days. But with all cereal spashed all over her face and neck only bathing Raksha will keep her clean. She tends to get redness in the neck area if there is even a bit of food particle stuck there. But MIL doesnt understand and tells me wiping itself is sufficient . I dont argue and tell her yes and just follow what I feel is best for her. She tells over phone but in your case you meet them face to face , so I can understand how difficult it will be. Hope you get some good sleep.
    Suja- how is Smriti. Have you bought a feeding chair? How is she liking the rice+dhal mashed food?
    Akila- Raksha also has irregular bowel movement. Even if she does not poop for a day, the next day it comes out sooo hard .These days I soak 5-10 dry grapes overnight and give her the water first thing in the morning. Its works like magic for her. If I forget to soak them in the night, I mix 1-2 drops of honey in lukewarm water and give it to her. It also works well for her. She poops within the next 5-10 minutes itself. Hope prunes work well for Rithik.
    Ramya cse- how are things at your end. How is Rithu liking the cereal? What else are you giving him. How is winter there - freezing cold?
    Gayathri- isn't it good to see tanvi tasting all varieties already.Even my aunt suggested to start with mashed rice in the fifth month itself. But I didn't as I was scared .
    Achu- do come often and update. How is your LO doing. What are you feeding him ?
    Updates from me - Raksha is getting very playful and doesn't take food properly inspite of all kajoling. Max she will eat 3-4 spoons and then refuse to take any more. Even while BFing she latches for few minutes only and wants to get down and play . Then she will cry of hunger in sometime itself. Its getting tiring to feed her these days. I have also started giving her egg - boiled and mashed well with little pepper and salt.We are both vegetarians but since she is on the lower scale on weight and height gain, her paed insisted that I give her 1 egg everyday. She eats fully certain days but refuses certain days.. I really get confused with her likes and dislikes :-(
    Sorry for the long post :) Happy holidays and a very happy new year !!

3. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Hey All,

Hope all of you are planning well to have a wonderful celebration for the first New year of our LO's.
    Wishing all a very very happy and prosperous new year :)

My update : Working far from home is a pain. But, I will try and see how much i can stretch. vidhu throws a tantrum to sleep in the day time when i am not there... But luckily for me, DH's office had an off for the last week of dec. So i was kinda relieved that he was with vidhu. Real test starts from the coming week. Only inlaws and vidhu kutti. Hope things will be fine.

And, she completed 7 months today! Yay! Feels good :) Planning to go out with her and celebrate the new year and her completing 7 months :)

I read all your posts.. but no time to reply. Just came now to wish u all... will post at leisure sometime soon.

Take care all of you and new year wishes once again!

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Wish you all a very Happy New Year!!
    Just came over to wish u all...have been reading all the posts regularly but dont find time to reply...having a busy holiday season as we r planning to move into another apartment by mid of jan...gud news is that in-laws r planning to come over in feb :) Hope MIL keeps gud health while shez here n I dont answer back to FIL's comments...
    Have a great new year everybody...

5. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

wishing you all a very happy n prosperous new year

6. achu1

achu1 Silver IL'ite

Sankna
    I really want to post regularly. But it is not working 4 me. I'm taking this also in my new year resolutions .ok.
    Aarav is also very playful these days. If we are not minding he prefers sleep. Good to hear , isn't it? He likes all the foods. But giving only small quantity like 2 or 3 spoons. Are u giving Raksha skimmed cowmilk? Tc

7. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

All June 2011 mommies,
    Wish you and your LOs a very happy new year....Hope you had good time.

Ramyaramani,
    Welcome to Chennai!!! Good to hear about Shayna's journey updates. I will definitely check your PM. Smriti had viral fever last week, so could not log in to IL. Are you planning to visit any temples?? When are you going to your parents place?

8. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Sankna,
    Yes, I give dhal and rice to Smriti. Looks like she has some interest but that too only for first 10 mins. How r u managing home, Raksha and work??

I believe you would have got some holidays last week. Did you enjoy with Raksha?? Have you started anything new food for her?

9. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year!

@ramyav how are you managing the packing with Rithvik? Good that you are going to be having company.

@bril how are you managing now? How are your IL's managing? Hope vidhu sleeps without tantrums.

@sankna the best part about the India trip till now is I am getting some sleep. I make Shayna also sleep with me.

@akijay shayna has not been sleeping well because of the cold. Her cold has gotten worse. I also have bad cold. I am going to wait until tomorrow. If not have to take her to the paed.

@sankna even I am concerned about Shaynas weight. Somebody asked me if she is 1.5 months old! Everybody keeps saying she is tiny. Is Raksha gaining weight after starting egg?

@latha I travelled with DH. But am returning back alone. Don't ven want to think about it now. PIO took 10 days. If you have PIO then visa is not required. PIO is for 15 years. Wow. Tanvi seems to be adjusting to solids pretty fast.

@achu thank you for your kind words. When are you traveling?

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@sujatha hope smriti is doing fine now. No plans for temples. DH left on Monday. So no major plans. I have limited Internet access so may not reply back soon. You can call me anytime.